Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a Gigabyte GA B75M-D3P and a MSI GTX 660 Ti installation went smoothly. Installed combo update then ran Multibeast with ALC 887 current kext. Appears to be running with no problems.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Thanks a lot Samisake, i finally make it work. I had to use the trick of booting from an unibeast usb and remove the ATI6000 kext. Thanks a lot again for your help!

I had the same error with a 660 TI, also using 1 monitor. The 2 options I have found are to turn off the HD4000 and don't have AirPlay or set it on igfx and don't have a bootscreen. I hope someone finds a solution to this or it gets fixed in an update.

Strange it also happens to a ati card, I thought it had something to do with graphicsenabler=no for the nvidia 600-series.
I disabled HD4000, have HD5870, bios : pcie first -> airplay works.

Do you mean 'airplay mirror' works?
How about your DSDT / boot.plist / smbios ?

I disabled HD4000, have HD5870, bios : pcie first -> airplay works.

I have problem with my gtx 660 from EVGA. When I play games like CS:GO it gets very choppy even with high frame rate. Don't know if this is new to 10.8.3 because I haven't tried it on 10.8.2. Please help

Update fine here.

Standard - well-trodden - path to reinstall sound and wifi. Once done, up and running with the minimum of fuss.

Interestingly the "About The Mac" panel has not reverted so all my hard work there has been preserved!

:)

Mine didn't go well. It said installation failed but OS showed as 10.3 in the 'about my mac'. All seemed to work fine except sound. Then multibeast to sort the sound etc which also resulted in "installation failed" Tried to re-boot and now it hangs on white screen, apple logo. -v revealed the following. Any ideas much appreciated. Motherboard is Z68MA-D2H-B3 with a 2500K i5 CPU using HD3000 graphics. Screenshot attached.

EDIT: Just sorted it. I had to re-select the system definition in Multibeast to mini 5.1 Then all was good. I got in via -x safemode. I took the long route round finding out though. ....I had a back up so decided to create a new unibeast usb with ML 10.3 and try from scratch. During the instal OSX asks whether you want to copy over settings / files etc from another mac / disk. I copied / imported all the settings and files etc over from the backup. I still had the same problem until I set system definition in multibeast to mini 5.1. Obviously I needed the original multibeast settings for the mobo which I always got from here GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required! Copying settings over was a total lifesaver and took all the hassle out of a re-instal. I recommend it. Hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 144
Well, Back to 10.8.2... until everything gets sorted out.
I was happy to get sleep from the Apple menu to finally work and less HDD thrashing it seemed to me under 10.8.3. boot-up time was slower for me and even set to just have the monitor to turn off like I had under 10.8.2 (no screen saver or deep sleep), When I woke the system from that state it was frozen hard, couldn't do opt-command-esc and sometimes even my mouse pointer was gone and occasional safari garble graphics out of sleep was back. 10.8.3 just doesn't cut it for me. Luckily I use Time Machine as my backup and turn it OFF/ON when I need to. So I only needed to reinstall chimera after I used unibeast to access time machine and go back a few days. I still don't understand why more people don't use TimeMachine as a back up ?
You only need unibeast to boot into it, then reinstall Chimera. Why use Carbon Copy or some other means ? Time Machine works EVERYTIME and requires much less work when things go wrong or when you need to test an update before committing to it.

Update gave an error, but it was properly installed after reboot 10.8.3, reinstalled audio drivers and all works fine, a bit faster I would say.
Thanks to this great community.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back