Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My build:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P rev 1.0
Intel Core i7 [email protected] (recently switched stock cooler for a Corsair H70)
Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 OC 1GB
Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 16GB (4x4GB)
Intel EXPI9301CT used instead of onboard network adapter.

Mac OS X was recently updated in-place from Lion 10.7.5 (or 10.7.4, not sure) to 10.8.0 using UniBeast from USB drive. That worked pretty well.

Today I updated straight to 10.8.2 using the Combo Update followed by MultiBeast before restarting to reinstall audio. Seems to run perfectly, restarted without a glitch. No Oemsmbios adjustment needed, apparently.

64-bit Geekbench score is still ~12790, like before.
Running VMWare Fusion 5.0.2, still working, like before.

Smells like success! Thanks to Tony for the great tools!

Suddenly, after a night of random tinkering, I have SpeedStep working. I was messing around with system definitions and disabled AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (and also AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext), went from MacPro3,1 to MacPro5,1 and back, installed the overclocking i7 SSDT from Multibeast 5.2.1, and wham: P-states 16-20-21-22-23-24-35-36-37. Used to have only 16-35 (if not only 35).

Missing iMessages though..

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Jaystrou:

You are going to have to re-install the working ATI kexts from Lion to Mountain Lion using kextbeast. These are: ATI6000controller.kext, ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext in S/L/E. The update installed new drivers that do not work.

Thanks for this post. It MIGHT go a way in explaining what went wrong with my Lion install, and why I seem to be having the same problem with ML.

1) I edited my ATI6000Controller.kext for Lion and got the Lotus FB loaded with full graphics acceleration and HDMI Audio
2) After some update, don't know where, don't know when, Lion quit seeing my card as other than HD6xxx
3) I installed ML on a separate partition, and can boot to either Lion or ML, but both fail to load a FB
4) Re-installing my edited ATI6000Controller.kext fails on both Lion and ML, and gives degraded graphics and NO audio
5) Reverting to the stock ATI6000Controller.kext on both Lion and ML restores audio

QUESTION: which specific versions of each kext referenced above did you use from Lion? Were any of them edited? I'm hoping that using older versions of ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext in conjunction with a (newly) edited ATI6000Controller.kext might get me back in the game, but I don't want to try just any old version of kexts from Lion, as I suspect that a Lion update is what trashed my fully recognized graphics setup.

Thanks again.

hi
I'm using 10.8.2 on a mobo: GA z77x up4th i7 3770s 16gb ram 1033 radeon hd6850 3 os Ubuntu win8 and 10.8.2
Well everything is working except for the know problem (sleep usb etc.)
My questions are : Why with 10.8.2 the hd 4000 working at 512mb and with 10.8.3 is working at 768mb ??????
I had a thunderbolt display , i cannot use the radeon 6850 ,with win8 exist a VIRTU app. that everybody know what for
There are any possibility that in the future will be something similar for apple ?????
Sorry for my bad english
thanks a lot for your great job

I have this problem
If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the Chimera boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot.

But i dont have the file OEMsmbios.kext

I have this problem
If you use FakeSMC plugins, and get a kernel panic after reboot. Boot into safe mode by typing -x at the Chimera boot screen. Then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and delete OEMsmbios.kext. Then reboot.

But i dont have the file OEMsmbios.kext

I had the same problem, KP but no OEMsmbios.kext.
The fix: Backup AppleACPIPlatform.kext, install 10.8.2 update, DO NOT RESTART and restore AppleACPIPlatform.kext before rebooting.
This worked for me. My HD6850 was automatically detected without any additional packages :)

Hope this helps.......

I had the same problem, KP but no OEMsmbios.kext.
The fix: Backup AppleACPIPlatform.kext, install 10.8.2 update, DO NOT RESTART and restore AppleACPIPlatform.kext before rebooting.
This worked for me. My HD6850 was automatically detected without any additional packages :)

Hope this helps.......

Thanks for the help
But i have install the 10.8.2 i dont have the file AppleACPIPlaform.kext before the install 10.8.2
I can boot with -x and work ok, but when i boot without -x dont start

Working for me on P5W DH Deluxe with 5670 Graphics (no DSDT). Ran Combo Update, then had to reinstall ALC882 sound and re-run Trim Enabler for the SSD.

Could you point me to the files you used, and what exactly you did to make audio work? I have the same setup and and having no luck getting audio to work..

Thanks!

Iv re-downloaded everything 1000 times trying to install the right drivers iv done so much research on trying to find my problem and so much trying and failing and trying again i dont know what i am doing but i cant get osx to boot off my hard drive to save my life... frustrated. i select the user dsdt free installation, the right audio for my board, and the 1080p, get past everything when booting, the apple comes up the circle spins, it finishes...then white screen. stuck. cant even go to the bios and boot off the usb... does the same thing... so i just have to boot off the usb installation part and reinstall everything to the hard disk and try to download the right drivers again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back