GA-Z77X-UD5-TH
i7-3770
GTX 660Ti

Thank you!!!

Successful update here, after some work. My config:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
i5-3550
MSI R6850

Install from the combo update package left me un-bootable, indefinite spinning progress wheel with apple logo. First I tried booting into safe mode, but after boot my graphics went to the blank white screen that others have mentioned. I tried the sleep/wake trick for ATI 6xxx cards but my machine wouldn't wake from sleep. Then I tried single user mode, attempting to remove the oembios kext that others have mentioned, only to find that the kext wasn't even there! Finally, I found a comment mentioning the VT-d BIOS option. I changed VT-d to Disabled in my BIOS setup, and the system booted perfectly! Audio was gone, as others have mentioned, but re-installing the ALC898 driver with multibeast was a breeze.

TL;DR: Got endless loading screen, then white screen, then disabled VT-d in BIOS and it booted normally.

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

This worked for me to allow me to re-eanble VT-D on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH! Thanks!

Kext best install worked for me too.
Thnx

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

After update I've got boot error, grey indicator has spinning forever. After that I've boot in verbose mode and I've saw that loading stopped on line with message about intel vt-d, then I just disabled intel vt-d in bios and system has booted without any error.
my config: Core i7 3770k & gigabyte z77-ds3h
YOU deserve a cookie! This fixed my problem, I am so thankful! :D

Nice.. Why is all hackintosh images? dmg? i want iso!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back