Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Perfect! It took me a while to figure it out how to do it, but worked like a charm.

Just a question: how do I re-enable trim support for SSD??? Haven't figured it out...... :banghead:

Thanks!

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
- Need to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext, others wise everything seems fine so far !
- re-enabler trim support for ssd

Ok guys, Ive tried everything in the book, and I continue to end up with a black screen after the boot begins via Chimera. The grey/apple will show for 6-8 seconds and then goes black. I'm a noob. Bought ML from the app store via my macbook. Did the unibeast install via USB. Was able to to install on a partitioned ssd drive, per instructions. Did the multibeast following the instructions of others that have my same motherboard, and once I restart I get the same results. I've been trying to get this thing to boot for 3-4 days now. Please help...

GA-Z&&X-UP5 TH
i5377k
PNY 660ti (even tried without the card one time)
32gb gskill ram

Oh yeah, I can't even enter via -x, -s, -x -s, etc. I do get the following when though: "root device is mounted read only" and "waiting for windows server before finishing bluetooth setup" and "single user boot -- fsck not done"

Is it just me that can't locate the OEMsmbios.kext file by following the above instructions??

I have a "bluetooth not available problem".. Has anyone had this same problem too after upgrading? Any info. would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Oh yeah, I can't even enter via -x, -s, -x -s, etc. I do get the following when though: "root device is mounted read only" and "waiting for windows server before finishing bluetooth setup" and "single user boot -- fsck not done"

I'm not a super user, that understand a lot, but, as I see it, I would reformat the hard drive and redo everything.

I don't know about others here, but I can't see a solution but this one.

Have you tried to Boot from the USB Drive and use the Disk Utility to redo all the permissions on you Mountain Lion Disk? Maybe that can help.

Finally updated to 10.8.2. Downloaded and used the combo upate. Updated fine. Went into /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ and deleted Oemsmbios.kext. Restarted. Got stuck on the OEMSMbios line during start up. Logged into safe mode and went to terminal. Type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" followed by "sudo kextcache -system-caches". Restarted and now just fine.

Audio left so used MultiBeast 5.2.0 to bring it back. Also installed the new FakeSMC kext and FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor. Works like a charm.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H / i7 3770k / 16GB Corsair 1600 RAM.

The Build
GA-Z68XP-UD3 New UEFI bios U1g
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB
3.29 GHz Intel Core i5

after reinstalling from Unibeast a dozen times I finally got it up an running. 10.8.2!!!!!

Steps:
Installed Mountain Lion using Unibeast (Graphics Card unplugged)
Using -x -f -GraphicsEnabler=No
Ran Multibeast
Downloaded combo update on this site
Installed combo update. before rebooting I deleted AppleHDA ktext re-ran Multibeast with easy installation selected
Rebooted to bios disabled HV-T
Plugged in video card and booted with no arguments
Had to re-install audio and lan drivers!

SUCCESS!

Updated just fine here:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (bios 2.40)
Intel i53570k
8gb DDR3 2x4gb GSkill Ares (blue)
Sapphire HD6850 1gb
Western Digital 640gb HDD Sata3
LG DVR+RW Sata3
LG IPS235v 23" IPS monitor

Downloaded the 10.8.2 combo update. Installed, no errors. Ran Multibeast, chose EasyBeast, NullPowerManagement. Thats it. Rebooted -v no errors at all. However my NIC was disabled due to Broadcom. Reinstalled the Broadcom kext I have via Kext Utility and rebooted again. This time booted straight, no arguments. No prob and internet was back.

Right now Im downloading updates for iLife 11 as iPhoto wouldnt open. Anyway by far the easiest install and update method I've ever had. Uni and Multbeast ROX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back