Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Originally Posted by micr0shaft
You should download the edited AppleACPIPlatform.kext from my previous post boot up with -f -x put it on the desktop with Kextbeast and run it then reboot with -f.

::::FOR EVERYBODY::::

THIS METHOD HAS WORKED THROUGH ALL THE 10.8.2 BETAS AND WORKS 100% NOW

THIS FIXES THE OemSMBIOS PROBLEM WITHOUT HAVING TO DELETE IT FROM FAKESMC.kext

THIS MEANS YOU WON'T LOOSE YOUR SYSTEM DEFINITION AND SERIAL NUMBER WHICH WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH SOME APPLE SOFTWARE AND ACTIVATED 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE.

IF YOU HAVE CONSTANT SPINNING WHEEL OR ARE RECEIVING ERRORS ABOUT OemSMBIOS.kext THIS WILL LIKELY FIX IT.

SOURCE:
http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/inde...post&p=1852962

For me this works as well, i just installed the combo update. When the update was done, (before rebooting) i used kextbeast with this AppleACPIPlatform.kext and did a system repair with Multibeast Lion edition. After this i reinstalled the Realtek 889 audio driver with the Multibeast Mountain Lion edition and rebooted my system without any other modifications without any problems! (have to reinstall my other hackintosh because of stupid store update without reading the post (RTFM?:p) but its not my priority hack, so that would be a reinstall....

specs:
GA-PH67A-D3-B3 (F4)
Core i5 2500k
Radeon HD6850

I followed those steps, and now... I can't enter even with -x :(

I just got 'still waiting for root device'

My system is completely messed up. I can't access neither using Unibeast!!!!

I will reinstall everything again, but from 10.8.2 directly.

My rig: GA-Z68XP-UD3P, i7 2700K, (x2) SHAPPIRE HD 6870

after 10.8.2 update
so many app cannot be opened (e.g. mail, calendar)
system shown " XXX cannot be opened because of a problem"
anyone like that?

NOW is FINE!!!
I use download 10.8.2 COMBO update.dmg from official apple, don't use self solfware update

Updated through App Store and immediately rebooted. Big mistake. System will not boot past the Apple logo and spinner. I cannot boot at all using any or combination of flags (-v -x -f etc.)

I can boot the USB stick with the ML installer (by booting from a USB 3.0 port then moving it to a USB 2.0 port and pressing F5 otherwise it doesn't work) Using this method I overwrite the ACPI kext with the one mentioned in this thread. Still no joy.

Using -v the systems hangs at

ITEIT87x: found ITE IT8728F

I have no idea what to do next. Can anyone help?

Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
Core i5

I have the same exact problem i cannot boot in any mode, i reinstalled the operating system with my time machine back up.

problem will not go away!

PLEASE HELP!

successful update with 10.8.2 combo update !
Here's my config :
- gigabyte ga-965p-ds3p rev3.3
- quadcore q6600
- 4go DDR2 800
- eagle 9600GT > run flawlessly OOB
- Realtek ALC888 > seems OK using multibeast non-DSDT kext
- Marvell yukon 88e8056 > OK using kext found on osx86

install unibeast ML 10.8 > update with ML 10.8.2 combo updater > do not reboot > install multi beast > check easy beast installation + PCI Root ID fix (boot options) > reboot > OK

Thank you Tony!

Updated with the OS X 10.8.2 Combo Update. Only had to use Kextbeast to reinstall my network and audio. Nothing else, and everything is working perfect.
Using AsRock Z77 extreme4 mobo.

That's the mobo that I am using now. For some reason after hours of seaar hung and downloading drivers I still cannot get my LAN to work. Where did you get your drivers from?

How did you manage to get your sound back. I have used Multibeast and it still hasnt worked. Sorry i am rusty being that i havent had an issue in a few months. Thank you

Lost my audio but install went smooth using the dmg. I noticed my geekbench scores were still down so I installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in MB and got them back up to 13k+. Even felt motivated to overclock to 40x to stabilize with speed a bit more. I'd call this a productive day :)

Configuration:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel Core i7-2600K
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit
1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt

After running the 10.8.2 Combo Update I got the spinning wheel as many others. Quite expected. The weird thing is that I could not find any oemsmbios.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Both listed it (ls -l) and looked through the list and just in case I was blind did a "sudo rm -r oemsmbios.kext" just to get the answer "No such file or directory". Weird or what? How could it be I don't have the .kext but still benefit from removing the .plist?? :crazy:

What did the job though was removing /Extra/smbios.plist !!

Now everything works fine apart from Bonjour, which I will try to address tomorrow if I get the time (new ethernet-driver, adjust permissions and empty caches).

UPDATE: After using 10.8.2 for a few days I realized the machine felt sluggish. GeekBenck confirmed it. Previously on 10.8.1 I got a score somewhere around 8000 and now I only got 2192! :(

Well, after 3 hours of futile attempts I gave up and re-installed 10.8.0 from my UniBeast drive (at least that was pain-free).

I had the same problem of spinning wheel on the grey background, but unlike the rest of the people, the failure seemed to occur at various stages of the boot up. When I tried to remove
OEMsmbios.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ I couldn't, because it didn't exist there. There is no Plugins directory at all. I also never installed FakeSMC from Multibeast.

Maybe my problem could be related to the fact I had to install a custom-made DSDT to enable HDMI-audio along with the RealTek887 AppleHDA kext? Perhaps this DSDT calls for some functions which don't exist in the newly-updated AppleHDA kext?

Anyway removing the DSDT didn't always work for me and in the end I just became too frustrated.

Does anyone know where I can get a 10.8 unibeast installer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back