Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to install 10.11.4 from scratch, using my perfectly working 10.11.3 Clover config.plist.

It works, but for some reason bootup time is 2-3 minutes vs the 10 seconds it was previously.

Anyone else experience this?

What I have tried:
- Skylake APIC fix in and out
- OsxAptioFix v1 and 2 switched
Still the same...

The only way I can have "normal" bootup time is to use the new iMac17,1 definition, but then even with Piker's graphics fix booting from the install USB results in a black screen...
I had a slow boot unless I disabled my integrated Skylake graphics.

I updated through the App Store, booted using nv_disable=1 and updated the nvidia driver but now it won't boot unless I use nv_disable=1

Finally got it booting as it should. The stop sign on some boots (can't work out why it only did it on some but not all) it turned out that for some reason BIOS settings had been changed.. don't have a clue how this happened. So please make sure that it has not re-enabled the serial (com) port, as this is what was causing my erratic booting, even though it had previously been set to disabled before the combo update.

I re-enabled my audio by running the 110 shell script for ALC 1150. This sorted out the broken audio after update. I am crossing everything to see if it keeps booting smoothly. But, knock on wood, it seems OK for now.

For those getting the stop sign on boot, check your BIOS settings! It could save hours of hair pulling. Make sure that serial port is disabled, and any other stuff like Vt-d etc are set as required.

from 11.4 Sometime my Hack had detect RAM wrong, When app i'm running load a bit slower then i know it detect RAM wrong again (only Half of Ram amount, wrong Ram Bus, cannot detect RAM brand), I need restart to fix it .. Dont know problem from where to fix it :(

I should be 2x8GB@Bus 2667 - Kingston

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 01.06.31.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 01.06.31.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 141
Upgrade to Captain 10.10.4 without any problem
The steps for the upgrade were:

1- Make a backup of the system with Carbon Copy Cloner
2- Raise a prayer to our Creator for everything to work well
2- Install the OsxUpdcombo10.11.4.dmg and restart
3- In Clover Bootloader menu into the Options I start typing boot flags, upcs=1 nv_disable=1 and start the system
4- Within the system install the WebDriver-346.03.06f01.pkg for my graphics and returned to restart
5- The System start without any problem for now everything works fine.

The only problem is with Adobe Illustrator this after several minutes to close.

Sound, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, hdmi, Messages and FaceTime are working properly.

The definition of my system is iMac 14,2

I think the prayer worked me .....

Greetings to all and good luck with this update

This does indeed work but unfortunately you cannot mount your EFI partition in Safe Mode in OSX. The reason is because you cannot read/write FAT32 partitions in Safe Mode.

I have a Windows 10 partition that I booted into and used the first reply to this post to mount the EFI partition.

You could also use a Linux USB boot drive to access the EFI partition.

Essentially what you need to do is:
1. Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
2. Copy OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Once done you should be able to boot back into OSX.

this saved my butt, cheers! (my EFI was on an nvme disk, booting into windows was the easiest way to get to it)

Updated through the app store, turned into a nightmare. I got the stop sign at boot, so I switched Clover to the OsxAptioFix2Drv which allowed me to boot

This update created two problems for me:

1. Complete loss of HDMI audio, which I had working through Clover. Tried following the HDMI audio guide and no matter what I did nothing brought it back.

2. Serious bluetooth issues with my Magic Mouse 2. Basically my mouse would lose connection every couple of minutes which became extremely annoying.

Unfortunately I think I will stick with what I have for the time being. I restored from my cloned drive. Of course I used the opportunity to go ahead and purchase a new Sandisk Ultra II 480gb ssd so I could get the increase read/write speeds, since I was going to be restoring why not restore to a snappy new drive. So I'm back at 10.11.3 but things are faster. I hope to see more progress in the community and I will certainly like to give it a go once again at a later date.

I wonder, with my bluetooth issue. If the bluetooth issue with the Magic Mouse constantly disconnecting is tied to the 10.11.4 update, or if it is tied to switching to the Osxaptiofix2drv. Maybe as an experiment I will switch to the aptiofix2 on my current setup running 10.11.3 to see if I get the same issues. I hope it's something that can be fixed on our end because right now I have stellar bluetooth connectivity with nearly no issues.

Updated thru the App Store with no problems. Nvidia updated the drivers immediately.:thumbup:

Thanks.. I assume you're using native Intel Graphics as well? I may try pulling my GTX 770 card next to see if it will make a difference.
Correct, native Intel Graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back