- May 10, 2016
- Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
- Intel Core I7-2700K
- ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series 2048 MB
I'm very new to being a member of this site, got into a bad auto accident and my build is 10.7.5 Lion, is it safe to update to El Capitan with a build of Gigabyte z68xp-d4 3.59 Intel Core I7 Ati Radeon HD 6800 Series 2048 MB? I ran into a slew of issues after updating to 10.7.5 Kernel re kext issues with my graphics card.
Be sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update. If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast created USB, press spacebar, and boot using Safe Mode.
What we know about 10.11.4 so far...
- OS X Build 15E65
- Kernel updated to Darwin 15.4.0
- Kernel support for Skylake Systems without 'APIC Fix'
- Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
- This update will replace your audio drivers. If you enabled Realtek onboard audio using MultiBeast or the CloverALC110 script, no changes will be necessary.
- Install OS X El Capitan App Updated - If you downloaded El Capitan from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated 10.11.4 Install OS X El Capitan App can be found in the Applications folder. You may then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.
OS X 10.10.4 Update
OS X 10.10.3 Update
OS X 10.10.2 Update
OS X 10.10.1 Update
OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store