Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is using the Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard. The last two updates worked flawlessly, this one (as reported by others) gave me problems. I had to restore from a cloned drive. Going to try again soon with OsxAptioFix2Drv installed as recommended by others. Although, I used the OsxAptioFix2Drv driver in the past and (again as mentioned by some previous commenters) it boots sometimes, and not others. We'll see what happens.

I am quoting myself above. I successfully updated, and had the blinking loading symbol after restarting on my second attempt then restored from backup. I did use OsxAptioFix2Drv, that worked. Before I updated the third time, I unchecked the nvda_drv=1 in Clover Configurator and set nv_disable=1. After the update was finished, updated to the latest nvida web drivers restarted and was fine.

I still have the memory_allocation issue when booting, but if I restart a couple of times everything boots normally. I wish I had a fix for that, been looking for ages trying to figure that one out.

Thanks for your help everyone.

I have the same exact motherboard with a GTX 770 installed (using native OS X drivers) in it, and up to this point it's been rock solid with 10.11.x (prior to 10.11.x) using OsxAptioFixDrv. Since I installed 10.11.4, I had to move over to OsxAptioFix2Drv to enable it to even boot.

While it does boot sometimes, it's proven to be completely unreliable now and fails more than it boots. Once it's booted, everything works (trim, audio, graphics, etc.)

I suspect it's a config problem if others are booting with this motherboard without problems. The issue I'm see (like others) is random though - sometimes it's "Error Loading Kernel Cache", other times it's "error allocating pages". I suspect it's Graphics card related, but not sure what to do about it (again, not running the nvidia drivers.)

BIOS is configured as recommended (although, I'm using UEFI to boot instead of legacy.) Also, I'm using the latest build of clover 3368 (no boot options are defined and I'm not injecting anything for graphics other than for Intel.)

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Did you ever update your config for the booting issue? Seems as though we have the same problem. Its just really annoying when I have to restart.

Did you ever update your config for the booting issue? Seems as though we have the same problem. Its just really annoying when I have to restart.

I'm still trying to research the problem but have not figured out a fix. At this point, I'm wondering if trying to fix the issue with OsxApitoFixDrv (some people do have it working with 10.11.4) might be easier than continuing to use OsxApitoFix2Drv. It's just too unstable trying to get the system to boot with OsxApitoFix2Drv (maybe 1 out of 5 or 6 restarts results in a bootable machine.)

I have a couple of ideas I'm going to try out tonight when I get home. I will report back if I find anything out.

are you using uefi to boot or legacy? According to what i've been reading, i suspect with legacy mode this problem shouldn't show up.

I'm also thinking it's some timing related issue since 1/5 or 1/6 times the system will boot normally. Once it gets past the clover issue, everything runs fine when os x is running.

I also doubt there's any boot parameter settings that will fix this issue. It's either bios(uefi) related or the combination of hardware.

If you find anything special in your bios please let me know. Thanks for your help.

uefi

Thanks.. I assume you're using native Intel Graphics as well? I may try pulling my GTX 770 card next to see if it will make a difference.

Just finish updating using combo update. Works like a charm.

core i3-3220
b75m-d3v
radeon hd 6670

unibeast\multibeast lastest release

I just installed the update through the Mac App Store, worked like a charm here too! All I had to do was updating the Nvidia Driver after rebooting the system, it was pretty easy and fast. No issues whatsoever!

• MSI Gaming Z97-G45
  • MSI GTX 970
  • i7 4790K
By the way, I didn't have a backup. Pretty hardcore, I know. :p

I used the Combo Update on Monday, but only because the App Store was so horrendously slow. No major problems with either machine:

Xeon E3-1241V3
GA-B85M-D3H
PNY GTX 650

i3 3225
GA-B75M-D3H
Dell GT 640

Tom

Just to report that updating from App Store worked like a charm, Everything worked fine from the start, no problem with audio, video or anything ..... I think this is the first time that updating is so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back