Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 08.35.32.png
Updated just now via Combine update. I have Maxwell card so after the reboot the NVIDIA Center stated that I have unsupported version of drivers but I could updat them via Center or via Downloaded package. After reboot so far everything is working OK. I did nothing with audio cause I have external M-Audio USB card.

However, when I was repairing permissions before the update my system froze (first time in many weeks) so I had to manually reboot it. I will not repair permissions after the new update. Now, I will have to run it at least 24 hrs straight to see whether everything is working OK, will keep you posted.

EDIT 1: When repairing permissions the last entry which I gut stock on was .plist file for the printer. Later, after update I turned the printer on and got stuck again. I have Brother DCP-L2520DW. I removed the driver and application files and reinstalled everything. Then I turned on the printer and the system did not freeze. So maybe this is fixed but still will need to run the 24 hrs test.

EDIT 2: After 24 hours everything is working without the freeze. My advice? DO NOT repair permissions if you have Brother printer.

Hi everyone :)

After updating to 10.10.5 I get Kernel panic at boot. Booting with -x won't work.

I posted my issue and screenshots here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/170951-kp-after-installing-update-10-10-5-a.html

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
-a-

EDIT:
solved the issue by doing the following:
- connect SSD to a different hackintosh by USB
- use multibeast to reinstall chimera on the (USB-connected) SSD
- put the SSD back into willie (my hackintosh)
- boot normally

Last edited:
After update I had to modify my AMDRadeonX4000.Kext (I have an HD7750)- just like I did to get it working on the first install and after 10.0.4 update. Reinstalled audio. Ethernet (RTL8139) working ok after update.

Thanks for keeping the site up to date!

Any ideas why Wake On Lan would stop working on 10.10.4 and 10.10.5? It worked on 10.10.3 and works if i downgrade back to 10.10.3 without changing anything else.

Updated my system (in signature) from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 via App Store. I did not loose audio or trim. I boot with clover and the only things I had to 'fix' was update NVIDIA drivers and re-apply the "AppleRTC patch for CMOS RESET for Yosemite"

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Other than that the update went smoothly. I wonder if there is a way to accomplish the "AppleRTC patch for CMOS RESET" automatically with Clover?

Everything was fine, except the nvidia graphic drivers which, in that last version, are not very compatible with the use of DXO Optics Pro photography software. When coming back with the natively OS X drivers, everything works fine (Graphic card is GTX 760).
Probably we have to wait for a new release of the nvidia drivers (in 10.10.4, nvidia drivers were ok with DXO).

Updated from 10.10.4 from App Store. I use Clover. Had to rerun Frame Buffer patch to get optimal resolution on my ultrawide monitor and Toleda's Clover ALC audio patch to restore ALC892 and HDMI audio. Trim, iMessage (all system IDs) survived update. Everything running great.

Just installed the updated and can't AUDIO to work. Anyone else having this problem or have fixed this problem.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 5.21.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 5.21.23 PM.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back