Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I did a combo update which went flawless. After reboot, I ran THE new MultiBeast (DSDT-Free) and rebooted again. During startup, THE computer frozed. I tried again with flag verbose and saw that the IObluetoothHCcontroller and USBMSC were the problem. My knowledge of OS X is too low to solve problems at this technical level, so restored a previous install 10.10.4 and tried updating again via THE app store.

After reboot, THE computer functions normally, and I did not install MultiBeast again.

So, a successful install, but not a clue what went wrong within MultiBeast...

OS X 10.10.5 Update and Nvida GTX 750

I use Nvidia gtx 750 graphics. When I updated to 10.10.4, there was no way to enter the graphics mode, even in safe boot. I had to remove my ssd-boot drive to another computer with a lower version graphics card (Nvidia 610), download the alternate drive (as posted), install the web driver for 10.10.4, then transfer the ssd HD back to my desktop and reboot in safe mode to activate the web driver.

Since we need new drivers for 10.10.5, I suppose the procedure will have to be the same. Now, if yo don't have another computer to run to, I guess you will need to install the nvidia alternate driver for 10.10.5 prior to the update to OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

All this caused so much hassle I decided not to try the new OSX update yet. I lost 3 days trying to figure out what was preventing the correct boot into OSX. Now it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Kudos, TonyMacx86 for your excellent posts!

TheJuke
Sandybridge Intel i5, 16gb memory, WD 2tb HDD
GTX 750 graphics card

Last edited:
Luca, check reply #158. The problem is you need to update your graphics card driver from Nvidia to OSX 10.10.5

All done on my rig. Zero problems.

Thanks for the great guide.

Works fine with me!!

OS X 10.10.5 Update - need help with ALC1150 audio

After installing the 10.5 update over my 10.10.4 I've got trouble with ALC1150 audio.
Not to mention I needed to install the Toleda's AppleHDA kext that quietely worked with 10.10.4.
But after that I've got that "cracking sounds at audio output after idle mode" that told to be addressed by Audio / AFGLowPowerState Clover Devices option. As told in http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices
With 10.10.4 I managed to avoid it by choosing iMac 14 option instead of MacPro.
But with 10.10.5 this doesn't work.
Any ideas will be highly appreciated!

How did you get iMessage to work? I've been fighting with it, reading posts and trying stuff for months. (Never mind, this was suppose to be a reply to a specific person.)

Last edited:
I JUST UPDATE TO 10.10.5
Basically follow the steps provided by Stork (thanks~:))

The difference is that I need to re-build all drivers needed in multibeast not just audio driver

I also had half stop when booting for several times :banghead:

Try -x -v flags may help to enter the system to handle the drivers ;)

I use GTX 750 Graphics card

so the web driver is required too.

Currently no other issues on system use (audio works too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back