Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the Airplay devices, turned them off but doesn't help, no audio output device can be found at all.

successfully upgraded from 10.4.4 (Z97M-D3H, 16 Gigabyte, no SSD, VoodoHDA Sound drivers, GTX 960OC2). Had to boot the first time with nv_disable=1 and install new NVIDIA Web Drivers.

I never had sound using multibeast drivers, that's why I'm using VoodooHDA.

Had also some freeze, but selecting Secure in BIOS settings Memory Profil. help a lot.

It's a f*** fast Mac ! About this Mac report 3,9 Ghz i5 processor :crazy:

I'm suddenly getting expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeeff888098809

First reboot after install of 10.10.5 was except for sound, reapplied multibeast and got sound back. Now it either loads but hangs soon after or panics with the above message..

GTX770, i7, 16GB, it thinks its a macpro3,1

about to run repair permissions to see if that helps, via disk util off the installer.

anything else I'm missing... is the GTX 770 supposed to be ok with 10.10.5?

If I get another kernel panic instead of OSX simply hanging after a minute or two, I'll post a phone screenshot.

GA-z77x-UD5H success on the 10.10.5 update!

Installed straight from App Store. Crashed on restart, but after booting into safe mode, the install finished. Then all it took was a re-installation of the Realtek ALC898 driver through Multibeast and repairing disk permissions. Good to go.

I am having some issues installing the OS X 10.10.5

I have used the combo updater as well as the appstore. both gives the same issue.

What happens is when the update restarts the computer, it freezes with a KP and the install stops.

Reseting and it boots up again in 10.10.3 and no install happened.

I tool a picture of the KP message as attached. It mentions that the following kexts in the KP:
-com.xZenue.kext.FileNVRAM
- dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I have had this issue since 10.10.4 install and I skipped that install.

View attachment 147748

I have this issue as well, the kext is well unstable. Remove it and you will be able to update sucessfully.

Happened to two of my hackintoshes, removing this kext solved all problems with freezes and updates.

If I get another kernel panic instead of OSX simply hanging after a minute or two, I'll post a phone screenshot.

oh well no more panics at boot, and the OS has been running for 25 minutes without hanging. Might have fixed itself somehow (how is that possible?)

I did do repair permissions which found a few lines wrong, could have been that...

The Easiest solution, when your PC hangs after rebooting
  • You shouldn't do any Repair disk permission
  • Delete any out of date kexts
  • Or NVRAM file
  • No kernel boot flags is needed!

It is working for both my PC and laptop.

Everything You should do is to
  1. Boot from your bootable Yosemite flash-drive(I have Chimera-based loader) and
  2. Select your installed on hdd\sdd Yosemite system, NOT those on USB!
  3. Update will start automatically

I hope, this will work for someone else. And, please, try to not pay attention on my mistakes in English.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back