Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been updated from 10.10.4 > 10.10.5 via App Store, and checked, all still working as before.
I use Clover; iMessage, sound, native trim etc. still working as before.

Hi. I just upgraded from 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 from the Appstore and all is working fine, iMessage, iCloud etc. But i have lost access to AppStore (is stuck like refreshing) . Is someone having the same issue?.

This is what is happening:
147646d1439953232t-os-x-10-10-5-update-screen-shot-2015-08-18-10.00.04-pm.png

If someone could help me it will be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Did you figure out the freezes? I'm getting the same thing.

This use to be fairly random in the past. Then I read about the USB drivers causing issues and reloaded Multibeast without the "USB 3.0" and that stopped the freezing. (this was on 10.10.4 and below)

Now it's like clockwork, between 2 minutes and 5 minutes the machine freezes. Tried to completely reload Multibeast, but It won't make it completely through the update before freezing.

Just updated and had to reinstall Sound and EvOreboot. But now I'm having some random freezes..
Ive had that issues before but now its happing more frequently.. Ill keep y'all updated..

I am having some issues installing the OS X 10.10.5

I have used the combo updater as well as the appstore. both gives the same issue.

What happens is when the update restarts the computer, it freezes with a KP and the install stops.

Reseting and it boots up again in 10.10.3 and no install happened.

I tool a picture of the KP message as attached. It mentions that the following kexts in the KP:
-com.xZenue.kext.FileNVRAM
- dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I have had this issue since 10.10.4 install and I skipped that install.

IMG_7995.JPG

xCode Error after update to 10.10.5

Xcode quit unexpectedly while using the GPUDebuggerMTLSupport plug-in.

Could I downgrade to 10.10.4 :-X ?
I didn't make Backup.

I had an SMC failure and this as well:

-com.xZenue.kext.FileNVRAM
- dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily

What I did to remedy:

1) Install NVIDIA Web drivers for 10.10.5
2) Repair permissions via Disk Utility
3) Ensured that my kexts were all up to date and then repaired permissions again
4) on reboot I made sure VD_T was set to disabled

I went through successive reboots trying various combinations of the above when I came across an old post (March) that referenced the VD_T setting as disabled. I had mine enabled and have since 10.10.3 but for whatever reason, it must be set as disabled in my system for it to boot properly. I'd wager that some of the kext reinstalls I went through were unnecessary, but I'm not about to rejig it to test that theory. My hardware is current in my profile so if anyone has similar wares and is hitting a brick wall, try the VD_T flag in the UEFI.

OS X 10.10.5 Update very bad but easily fixed

OS X 10.10.5 Update very bad but easily fixed

First, my Laptop build:
Samsung NP300E4C-A03US Notebook
CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210M – Ivy Bridge - 8 GB RAM
MB: Samsung 300E4C/300E5C/300E7C 0.1
Intel 7 Series Chipset Family
Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1366 x 768
SMBios MacBookPro9,2
Dual boot:
OS X - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD (Yosemite)
Win7 - Momentus 500GB (Seagate), SATA2 5300rpm
Ext USB DVD/CD ODD – Slimtype Philips & Lite-on (originally in Notebook, but replaced with SSD for OS X).

Extra hardware needed to recover from OS X 10.10.5 update: An external USB SATA case (had inexpensive Insignia case bought at BestBuy for around $20) and a separate Mac. Could have used the Slimtype Phillips if I didn't already have another SATA case.

When I did the 10.10.5 update from the App Store, all I got after it restarted was the grey Apple and a progress bar that did not start/show any progress. Multiple restarts using various boot switches/options either took me to the same stalled progress bar or a kernel panic. Thought I would have to rebuild everything. But I read that Chimera could possibly be corrupted by this OS X update, so....

I put the laptop OS X SSD in the external USB SATA case and connected it to my Desktop MacHack. Ran MultiBeast, loaded my previously saved MB build (you must make sure you target the correct drive - the option to select a target drive doesn't appear unless you have at least one item to install), did the Install, then returned the SSD back into the laptop. Chimera may have been the only thing needed, but reloading everything in my current saved MB build isn't going to hurt anything.

I booted from the SSD and it came back to life except for Trim. Even 'About This Mac' shows version 10.10.5, so the update took.

Trim Enabler is part of my MB build, but even though it was re-installed, it wasn't enabled for whatever reason. So I went back to MB and just re-installed Trim Enabler again by itself, and now Trim is enabled. And now everything works like before.

Good Luck!

I'm suddenly getting expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeeff888098809

First reboot after install of 10.10.5 was except for sound, reapplied multibeast and got sound back. Now it either loads but hangs soon after or panics with the above message..

GTX770, i7, 16GB, it thinks its a macpro3,1

about to run repair permissions to see if that helps, via disk util off the installer.

anything else I'm missing... is the GTX 770 supposed to be ok with 10.10.5?

Upgraded from Maverick to Yosemite 10.10.5 from App Store, then Multibeast but audio doesn't work. No output device can be selected from System-Preference/Sound/Output.

Further investigation revealed that Yosemite treats an unknown Airplay device as my primary output channel instead, which I've no idea what that Airplay device is.

Any suggestion please?

Jimmy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 10.13.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 10.13.30 PM.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back