Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes:
- This may break some of your Yosemite functions, like audio and TRIM. So, being an Early Adopter is fraught with problems. Make sure you backup first. :thumbup:

- The Combo Update is not working for a bunch of us. The Combo Update only works to update 10.10.0 to 10.10.2 which is different from past Combo Updaters. Either wait until Apple fixes it or use the Software Update from the App Store app to upgrade to 10.10.2.

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, and/or 980 'Maxwell' graphics cards, you'll need to install the 10.10.2 driver(s) after the 10.10.2 update. See my Post here for the installation upgrade procedures for 10.10.2.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Yosemite;
:ch: Download the Software Update or the Combo Update and run it to update to 10.10.2;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

Note: If you encounter no audio after wake-up from sleep, here are several methods to "fix" the issue; see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/151504-no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.html. For posting audio problems, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html#post886726.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
 sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

My installation wouldn't boot after installing the the combo update. So its back to the drawing board.

audio problems.. im getting some sound... but my speakers/headphones both sound like they're blown out when i try to play something.

Update went fine until waking from sleep, sound went. Reverted back to tried and tested MB6.1, happy it works. :)

Try all Combo Update (for 10.10 and 10.10.1) and App Store Update on my clone drive still stuck, Bootloader: Chimera 4.0.1

IMG_1827[1].jpg

Flawless update. GB H87-D3H + i5 4570. I only re-enabled Trim and ALC-892 from Multibeast 7.1.1.

Great work, thank you :thumbup: !

Again it went smoothly for me, going from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2.

1. GA-P35-DS3R, [email protected], Sapphire 6870 1GB, re-applied audio using Multibeast
2. GA-EP35-DS3L, [email protected], PowerColor 4870 512MB, Airplay audio
3. GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK, i7 4790K, PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 (DVI-DL), USB audio, Clover UEFI

Thanks!

Updated via combo update. Reinstalled Trim and Audio, everything worked smoothly. I am using Reset AudioHDA method for no audio after sleep problem - works flawlessly after update.

Updated via combo update. Reinstalled Trim and Audio, everything worked smoothly. I am using Reset AudioHDA method for no audio after sleep problem - works flawlessly after update.

Have you tried the codeccommander.kext for the no audio after sleep issue? It works great.

I tried 15,1 with a GTX 660 ti and native OS X drivers and still no luck. Could be that 15,1 just doesn't like my mobo even though it's a Gigabyte. The fact that it's a 9 series probably doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back