Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on 15,1 and went back to 14,2. I have a fiio E10k (external DAC) and it started acting a little wonky, but aside from that everything's pretty much flawless. Sometimes when I boot the DAC isn't immediately recognized and shows up a few minutes later, but at least I get sound eventually and that's all that matters I guess.

I used geekbench to compare 15,1 to 14,2:

15,1 - 3978 single 13412 multi
14,2 - 3945 single 13273 multi

It looks like performance gains would be marginal at best anyway. 14,2 it is. This is a total shot in the dark, and let me be the first to say I know nothing about how an smbios works, but is it possible that the incompatibility with the 970 and 15,1 has to do with 15,1 using an AMD GPU as opposed to 14,2 using nvidia?

btw this was done with the build in my sig.

I am using the 15,1 smbios with a GTX 970 without problems so far. Build is in my sig.

Question about the 15,1 smbios though... does any one have a way to generate a serial number? I am currently using one that was published on Insanely Mac as it was the only 15,1 smbios I could find online and none of the tools, Clover Configurator or Chameleon Wizard, currently support the 15,1.

Native support for HD4400 mobile was removed.

You need to use config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

(Also make sure you're using the new FakePCIID solution).

Yes it works, like you say!!
Thank you!!

I am using the 15,1 smbios with a GTX 970 without problems so far. Build is in my sig.

Question about the 15,1 smbios though... does any one have a way to generate a serial number? I am currently using one that was published on Insanely Mac as it was the only 15,1 smbios I could find online and none of the tools, Clover Configurator or Chameleon Wizard, currently support the 15,1.

O rly. I googled for hours but couldn't find anyone with a similar build. Or really anything about 15,1 in general. Thanks for responding, I have like a billion questions: so 15,1 and a 970 boots fine every time for you, no issues or anything? What's your monitor set up like? I only use 1 DVI and 1 HDMI. My build seemed like it was booting more consistently with only the DVI connection plugged in. Could you tell me what the install process was like and what boot flags your using? I used the 15,1 smbios in multibeast instead of getting it from somewhere else. Would that make a difference? For serials, this seems kinda legally dubious, but couldn't you just go to an Apple store and use the serial from one of the demos?

could you link me to the bios you used?

Extremely impressed with Clover. Having Audio & TRIM patched on the fly, the update behaved exactly like on a real Mac. No manual intervention required. Just beautiful!

O rly. I googled for hours but couldn't find anyone with a similar build. Or really anything about 15,1 in general. Thanks for responding, I have like a billion questions: so 15,1 and a 970 boots fine every time for you, no issues or anything? What's your monitor set up like? I only use 1 DVI and 1 HDMI. My build seemed like it was booting more consistently with only the DVI connection plugged in. Could you tell me what the install process was like and what boot flags your using? I used the 15,1 smbios in multibeast instead of getting it from somewhere else. Would that make a difference? For serials, this seems kinda legally dubious, but couldn't you just go to an Apple store and use the serial from one of the demos?

could you link me to the bios you used?

Yes it has been booting fine for me. I am only using one DVI connection with an HDMI adapter. I don't use the HDMI port because I get black bars around the Clover boot menu. My install process was basically like an actual Mac. The install USB was a completely vanilla copy of 10.10.0 and I only used kext-dev-mode=1. I now boot with that flag plus nvda_drv=1 and darkwake=8. The darkwake is just for audio after sleep. I don't use anything like multibeast for my install.

15,1 smbios:
Code:
<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
<string>09/29/2014</string>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM151.88Z.0207.B00.1409291931</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-42FD25EABCABB274</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
<string>C02436602U5FW29A8</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac15,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>C02ND2VTFY11</string>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>

Yes it has been booting fine for me. I am only using one DVI connection with an HDMI adapter. I don't use the HDMI port because I get black bars around the Clover boot menu. My install process was basically like an actual Mac. The install USB was a completely vanilla copy of 10.10.0 and I only used kext-dev-mode=1. I now boot with that flag plus nvda_drv=1 and darkwake=8. The darkwake is just for audio after sleep. I don't use anything like multibeast for my install. Not sure if I'm allowed to link this here or not but here is the smbios I am using: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302199-when-would-i-get-smbios-of-imac-15/

Ah sorry for making you post that. If your not sure what forum policy is you should just delete it. Yeah I used Uni + Multibeast. The MB smbios seems fine when it works, so I think it's something else. I have no problem with a single monitor either. It's when I connect a TV in addition to a regular DVI connection using either hdmi to hdmi or dvi to hdmi that I get black screens. Whats really frustrating is that every time I boot its a total crapshoot. Sometimes it works perfectly and other times the screen goes black.

@Stork

Thanks!!! Worked like a charm.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back