Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to update to the new drivers. My install hanged up on the outdated drivers, but finished installing. I think there may still be problems with the new web drivers, so I've disabled them. Get rid of the <string>nvda_drv=1</string> in your boot list, or it may still try to enable the web drivers.

Hi all! It's been a while for me. Update to 10.10.2 is a no go for me. I already feel dumb because I am apparently one of 3 people left on the old and tired Chimera, lol. However, I need your help. I was first getting the progress bar halfway into the apple and then it would stop. Now, I am getting the "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\" blah, blah blah...IOPlatformExpert.cpp thing.

What I've tried/did:

- Replaced kext in mass with 10.10.1 = same result
- acpi=off flag = same result
- -x, -v, -f = same result

My eqpt:

-EVGA X58 FTW3
-Nvidia 560Ti
-Crucial SSD 256

Don't tell me this question has been answered in the forums.

Thanks in advance

I gave up on 15,1 and went back to 14,2. I have a fiio E10k (external DAC) and it started acting a little wonky, but aside from that everything's pretty much flawless. Sometimes when I boot the DAC isn't immediately recognized and shows up a few minutes later, but at least I get sound eventually and that's all that matters I guess.

I used geekbench to compare 15,1 to 14,2:

15,1 - 3978 single 13412 multi
14,2 - 3945 single 13273 multi

It looks like performance gains would be marginal at best anyway. 14,2 it is. This is a total shot in the dark, and let me be the first to say I know nothing about how an smbios works, but is it possible that the incompatibility with the 970 and 15,1 has to do with 15,1 using an AMD GPU as opposed to 14,2 using nvidia?

btw this was done with the build in my sig.

Sleep / Wake issues resolved with brand new update. One thing occured though. Hack has frozen after 7h of sleep plus sometimes after wake some programs crash and I'm unable to launch them again. Has anyone experienced same issues with crashing programs after sleep? Any fix ?

I followed Storks guide an worked perfect on a UP5-TH.

Only thing I did for audio is use multibeast 6.0. Is an easy way of taking care of the audio after wake problem.

Sleep / Wake issues resolved with brand new update. One thing occured though. Hack has frozen after 7h of sleep plus sometimes after wake some programs crash and I'm unable to launch them again. Has anyone experienced same issues with crashing programs after sleep? Any fix ?

Oddly, disabling the Guest account fixed it for me. I'm using Clover (no DSDT or SSDT). AppleRTC, KernelPM (Kernel Patches) and FixOwnership (USB). Booting with -xcpm as I'm using Haswell/Devil's Canyon.

this happened to me a lot in 10.10.0 and 10.10.1 along with the wake/sleep issues. I did not find any way to solve it, until i disabled multicast. Then, all my wake/issues were solved and it never happened again. But you lose a lot of things disabling multicast, it's not the right solution.

i've updated to 10.10.2 and kept multicast enabled. i'll be monitoring if that happens again to me.

cheers

- Replaced kext in mass with 10.10.1 = same result
- acpi=off flag = same result
- -x, -v, -f = same result

Try nv_disable=1 as a boot flag just to get you through and install the nvidia web drivers. Then you can remove the boot flag. Hope that works.

Flawless update: GA-Z87MX-D3H, Clover, integrated video. Updated from AppStore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back