Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried both but no effect. It still shuts down at apple boot logo. I don't have my installation usb with me, I gave it to a friend and he is back next weekend. Do you think that will help?

It should actually boot either with -f or -x. Where is your installation media? You can still try to boot your system with it.

I tried both but no effect. It still shuts down at apple boot logo. I don't have my installation usb with me, I gave it to a friend and he is back next weekend. Do you think that will help?

After update my wi-fi 5 Ghz BCM94352HMB network is gone. Now at 2,4 Ghz. Tried to install somethings Toledo's medicine, but no result. Already restored from this "trying". Waiting for Toledo's update for 10.10.2 :beachball:

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770, HD4000 -->ACD with usb sound

usbmsc identifier (non-unique) error (fix found?)

Used Chimera v4.0.1 Multibeast 7.1 and most recent Unibeast.

Since upgrading from Maverick to Yosemite I have had nothing but problems. I did a fresh install of Yosemite. I have done several fresh installs. They work for a while then when I restart they lock up at the apple screen. Using -v boot flag. I usually find usbmsc identifier (non-unique) error. I can boot using -x and try to modify multibeast and nothing worked. I was considering giving up and just using the windows 8.1 which is part of my build and wait for upgrades in the future or reformat and go back to Maverick.

Alas, I found that adding the boot flag -f enabled me to boot right into my mac and everything that matters to me seems to work. I don't use imessage or hibernate my mac since I prefer to keep it on to stream audio to sonos and media to plex.

My question is what does the boot flag -f do?
Is there another way to add this so I don't have to type it in with each restart.
Is there a better way to solve this problem?

Thanks of the help

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770, HD4000 -->ACD with usb sound

usbmsc identifier (non-unique) error (fix found?)

Used Chimera v4.0.1 Multibeast 7.1 and most recent Unibeast.

Since upgrading from Maverick to Yosemite I have had nothing but problems. I did a fresh install of Yosemite. I have done several fresh installs. They work for a while then when I restart they lock up at the apple screen. Using -v boot flag. I usually find usbmsc identifier (non-unique) error. I can boot using -x and try to modify multibeast and nothing worked. I was considering giving up and just using the windows 8.1 which is part of my build and wait for upgrades in the future or reformat and go back to Maverick.

Alas, I found that adding the boot flag -f enabled me to boot right into my mac and everything that matters to me seems to work. I don't use imessage or hibernate my mac since I prefer to keep it on to stream audio to sonos and media to plex.

My question is what does the boot flag -f do?
Is there another way to add this so I don't have to type it in with each restart.
Is there a better way to solve this problem?

Thanks of the help

-f flag ignores kext/system/kernel caches on boot up.

You could try rebuilding your kext / kernel caches and see if that fixes your issue.
easiest way to do it is to use a utility called Onyx.
There are instructions here how to do it using terminal or other utilities etc.
Good luck

or just turn kernel cach off
in your "org.chameleon.boot.plist"edit this:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to this:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
repair permissions
reboot

had the same problem on my h55-usb3 build, used this to fix

update went well,no audio latest multibeast not working (alc892).
using usb sound for now.

ALC892 working on 10.10.2 with latest MultiBeast on both Z77n-wifi and Z87x-OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back