Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated. Repaired permissions, installed combo update from App Store, rebooted then installed updated NVIDIA's Web Drivers for my GTX 750 TI. Smooth upgrade and now I'm typing from 10.10.1.

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

I have a question.
Updated via Appstore and lost sound, so I installed it again with multibeast 7.0.2 and everything works fine.

Here comes the question, since I'm new on this: When these things happen, like loosing sound drivers with an apple update. I have understood that I should run multibeast and install them again. But, do I need to select all the other options and install the, as well?

Right now i select audio drivers, network drivers, trim, usb3 support e.t.c. every time I run multibeast. If i din't need to do that, how do I know what I don't need to install again?

Thanx!
See Post #2.

Update to 10.10.1 was hanging on boot. Verbose mode showed it was stalling on trying to load old Virtualbox kernel drivers. Booted into safe mode and uninstalled VBox, using uninstall tool in original VBox .dmg file. Then rebooted and all was good.

On latest clover. Had trim update in clover config. Installed from app store and rebooted. Still have sound, still have trim. No issues. Seems snappier.
Gotta love clover.

Installed 10.10.1 from the App Store. The system logged off and installed the update. It stopped at the "restarting" window with the spinning wheel and no HDD activity. I let it set for a while and then hit the reset button. Rebooted like normal, logged in and it's on 10.10.1. Very Strange. On Clover btw.

B75M-D3H do not boot after 10.10.1 Update. I will try using Combo Updater instead of the built in App Store Software update later.

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

Just updated, and I'm having some issues. I am using a gtx 970 and I'm back on the os x drivers... when I go to install the newly released web drivers my installer keeps failing. I downloaded them on my laptop and put them on a USB hoping I could just install them from there, but no luck... I'm very new to this hackintosh thing and hoping I'm just ignorant to an easy fix/workaround.

P.S. using clover, if that matters... I can send any needed information for anyone willing to help me

i fixed mine doing:
run clover configurator
mount efi partition
BACKUP your config.plist in efi partition, clover folder to somewhere else
load config.plist
go to smbios tab (it must be now populated with your current S/N)
click the wizard icon and switch system definition to macpro 3,1. or 4,1. or 5,1
save settings by clicking the export button
reboot
now install the nvidia driver
reboot
display driver should be working correctly now
go to clover configurator again, mount efi and replace the config.plist file with the original one you backed up previously
reboot
enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back