Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

Updated via App Store. Everything still worked after update (including audio)

Using:
GA-Z87N-WIFI + i3-4340, HD4600
CLOVER bootloader with ALC892 Audio Injection Patch

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK IN THIS FORUM!!!

Updated from the App Store. Now my system hangs about one third of the way across the blue progress bar. Tried restarting with – X and – V but all I get is an auto reboot after all the extensions load.
You are not alone. I have the same problem. Reinstalling with the Unibeast-Stick works.

Just installed the 10.10.1 update on my HP ProBook 4530s with Clover and all hardware works fine without rerunning ProBook Installer, however my iMessage (and FaceTime) no longer works (and it was working on 10.10 right before I did the ugrade). I'm getting the 'call iMessage support with the following customer code' message.

-bth

Just got my 'tosh built and installed for the first time, so of course the first thing I tried to do is update to 10.10.1. :) Asus Gryphon Z97, i7 4970K. More on that in another place. My upgrade to 10.10.1 did not go entirely smoothly; it would hang on the reboot after the upgrade installed. After several normal reboot attempts all hung, I booted off the USB onto Macintosh HD in safe mode. This completed the update, after which I reinstalled AC892 and trim support. Then I rebooted off the hard drive just fine.

I just updated to this and after installing my drivers I'm still having wi-fi issues, I have a Tp-link wn881nd which is working fine on my windows and so is the network. I installed a IO80211Family.kext (I believe the same as I was using before) and it looks like it's working except it's not showing any networks. I would really appreciate any help on this.

Update was mostly seamless for me. First reboot, after the update was installed, it just hung at the Apple with any empty progress bar. Left it there for 15 minutes and nothing ever happened. I force rebooted and it booted up instantly. Reinstalled the ALC892 sound + TRIM support and all is good.

GA-H87M-D3H, i5-4570, GTX 760, 8GB GeIL EVO Potenza DDR3 RAM, 240GB PNY Optima SSD.

Hi how did you installed ALC892? custom applehda kext or clover on the fly? I lost my audio after updating to 10.10.1

Try using
kext-dev-mode=1

Thank you, stevekr!
I'll try your command line later, for now I've rolled back to Mavericks, cause I need a steady and fully functional OS X to work.
(My Yosemite 10.0.0 also got sound popping problems with ALC898 on GA-Z77X-UD5H, frustrating and exhausting.)

After switching from Asus GTX780OC to MSI GTX 9804 G i decided to update yosemite afterwards due to new nvidia driver.
I just downloaded Multicast 7.02 , started update from App Store , reloaded my old settings in multibeast, installed it rebooted, updated Nvidia driver, rebooted , switched back to nvidia web driver rebooted and everything was fine !
-shutdown problems --- gone
-reboot works nice fast

So Asus Z97 Pro Wifi I7 4790k msi gtx 980 4G up an running 10.10.1
If someone is running a Asus GTX780 OC .. it isn't worth the money to switch to GTX980 if it's not the 4GB that you need

Why does @stork recommend using Software Update instead of the standalone installer? Until now, I thought it was always recommended to use the standalone.

:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.10.1 (no Combo until .2 update);

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back