Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus Z87K + I4770K + HD7770 - updated via App Store and all only needed to reenable trim support.

So, I was able to update w/o issues, I did rebuild my permissions at first, then installed the updated, my Audio, Network and everything else seemed to work fine. Btw whats the purpose of rebuilding permissions before and after a update?

updated to 10.10.1, restarted and got kp and line reads AppleTYcDriver.kext something and booted into safemode removed the that kext and reboot again using flags -v -f UseKernelCahce=No tada now works again without no problem.

Update was mostly seamless for me. First reboot, after the update was installed, it just hung at the Apple with any empty progress bar. Left it there for 15 minutes and nothing ever happened. I force rebooted and it booted up instantly. Reinstalled the ALC892 sound + TRIM support and all is good.

GA-H87M-D3H, i5-4570, GTX 760, 8GB GeIL EVO Potenza DDR3 RAM, 240GB PNY Optima SSD.

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

Everything works perfect after the update (and after installing Trim and sound drivers again with multibeast) but now I have a message on the left corner at chimera boot screen saying "Errors encountered while starting the computer, pausing 5 seconds...". And after that the computer starts like nothing happens, then maybe it´s not a big problem but...who knows.

The error message happened to several who reported below.
It was a widespread annoying but non-critical problem that was solved around 4-6 months ago.
Try searching extensively.
I don't remember the fix. Sorry. I'm very old!
It might have been the same fix for another more recent problem:
EBIOS READ ERROR 0x31
Block 0x0 Sectors 0
EBIOS READ ERROR 0x31
Block 0x0 Sectors 0
EBIOS READ ERROR 0x31
Block 0x0 Sectors 0
EBIOS READ ERROR 0x31
Block 0x0 Sectors 0
This error also is non-critical. The text disappears and booting continues.
FIX>
In the BIOS, for the "Mass Storage" entries indicate they are "CD-Rom"

If I think of additional info on your error I'll post.

Article: OS X 10.10.1 Update

Updated 10.10.1
I updated using App Store without no issues until now. I just needed to reinstall my sound using multibeast 7.02 and restart twice because the first time i lost my keyboard.
Thank you very much Mac man and his staff :D

As most people, updated from App Store directly and reinstalled only the audio kext. Consistent procedure for GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, GA-B75M-HD3 and ASUS P5Q. Performed permissions repair before and after update, as per Stork's instructions.

Download. Install. Reboot.

Ran Multibeast 7.0.2.
Reinstalled TRIM, and ALC889.
Reboot. eh-ok.

Hi

I just installed 10.10.1 and have everything working apart from my gtx 650 ti.
Its recognized by the mac and worked natively with 10.10.
I didn't even notice an issue until I played a game and the video performance was terrible.
Whats changed since 10.10? Any ideas why I have no acceleration now?

Cant find any drivers from nvidia either...

Many Thanks,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back