Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this back in the old thread when Toleda first introduced this. I'm still having the same issues with the MutilBeast install method:

Lots of issues after installing! I have the Apple aluminum keyboard and the audio keys cause major system hangs. Each press of a volume key seems to increase the lag time between when I press a key and when the system responds. After running for about about 5 mins, and tapping one of the volume buttons about 5 times, the OSX dialogs no longer respond (force quit, shutdown/restart, even itunes crashes). No issues before, but also no sound :/

It's pretty frustrating, right now I set my iPad up next to my monitor to stream stuff... I would love to have audio working again. Seems like I go through this whole process of searching/trying different methods about once a month. Before Lion, audio worked perfectly with just the rollback.

Any ideas?

toleda said:
benjaminplum said:
I posted this back in the old thread when Toledo first introduced this. I'm still having the same issues with the MutilBeast install method:
Attach a copy of IOReg.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    130.6 KB · Views: 311
Good time everyone!
Question-Will the sound work fine on the H67N-USB3-B3 with the BIOS updated to F9, or need to stay in F7?

toleda said:
Can't use the .txt file. Try IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As...., open the file to verify verify and attach,

Attachments

• StarDestroyer.ioreg.zip
    364.6 KB · Views: 85
benjaminplum said:
I posted this back in the old thread when Toleda first introduced this. I'm still having the same issues with the MutilBeast install method:
The IOReg you attached shows AppleHDA Rollback installed. Are you trying to get MultiBeast audio working or the Optimized 889? Are you using a dsdt? If yes, attach with reply. If you are trying to get the Optimized 889 to work, delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext and use the Installation instructions (MultiBeast) in the first post of this thread. Reply with a copy of IOReg with 889 Optimized installed.

Hey toleda, i have installed your optimized AppleHDA.kext (removed all other enablers, etc.), edited DSDT with proper HDEF edits 0x21 0x01 0x00 0x00 layout ids because i want 3 port analog audio for agregate surround (got only 3 rear ports), got HDMI DSDT edit also for my 6850 Sapphire radeon but i still got this kernel log errors on Lion boot and after wake. Sound works okay (HDMI also) but when i open iTunes or any other application that uses sound, before it reproduces sound you can hear popping just like plugging in jack when amp is on (so frustrating)..

localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549222225920, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fResetAsserted" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4810 goto handler
localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4811 goto handler
localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != executeCodecCommand ( fCodecList[addr], command, &response )" failed in AppleHDAController at line 7944 goto handler

and after sleep i got tons of sound assertion errors...

any help for that?

thanks

toleda et al,

RE: IV3K

- similar issue/question on kernel log assertions from appleHDA for HD3000 and ALC889 audio

followed recipe very carefully.... success on all key items - thank you!
Config: I3-2125 on H61N-USB3 with F7 firmware
using DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3-EHCI-HDMI.aml (from this site/guide)
has dsdt w/HDEF/Layout-id is 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00
installed 10.7.4 and used multi-beast 4.5.1
Select: minimac (5,1)
Select: kext Fakesmc
Select: Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889

Updated: thanks toleda for the tips etc. Audio is is working. and no more kernel messages.

1) these were in my kernel.log:

May 23 09:57:30 BlackBox kernel[0]: EDID does not contain Extended EDID, not valid for audio
May 23 09:57:49 BlackBox kernel[0]: Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549466067456, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
May 23 09:57:49 BlackBox kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fResetAsserted" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4810 goto handler
May 23 09:57:49 BlackBox kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4811 goto handler

... but after I attached the HDMI cable to my Samsung TV, the messages went away.

2) ioregistryexplorer.app from the feb 12 hardware_io_tools_for_xcode. seems to be broken - the ioreg file is not readable by the tool that created it? Anyway, using the IOReg packaged with DSDTSE (date is older from 2008) works to create an ioreg file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back