Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
iV3K said:
Hey toleda, i have installed your optimized AppleHDA.kext (removed all other enablers, etc.), edited DSDT with proper HDEF edits 0x21 0x01 0x00 0x00 layout ids because i want 3 port analog audio for agregate surround (got only 3 rear ports), got HDMI DSDT edit also for my 6850 Sapphire radeon but i still got this kernel log errors on Lion boot and after wake. Sound works okay (HDMI also) but when i open iTunes or any other application that uses sound, before it reproduces sound you can hear popping just like plugging in jack when amp is on (so frustrating)..
All of the anti pop fixes are installed. Last resort is digital audio. Regarding the sound assertions, I don't know what is causing them. I did not see that in my Audio ID 289 testing. Only suggestion is a clean install.

tjluckenbach said:
t
question/concern: analog audio (in/out) works .... but i was wondering if theses messages are a problem (other than filling up the log?!)

May 23 09:57:30 BlackBox kernel[0]: EDID does not contain Extended EDID, not valid for audio
IOReg is corrupt; try IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open file to verify and attach. It appears Lion doesn't think you display is capable of HDMI audio. I don't know if that is causing the sound assertions.

Hello!
On my system / GA-H67N-USB3-B3 / i3-2105 / Intel HD 3000 / after updating to 10.7.4 not working sound via HDMI.
BIOS F7.
DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3-EHCI-HDMI.aml (from this site / guide).
Audio / Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889 of MultiBeast 4.5.1 ..
The Report of the audio system ID 889, is only one way out green ...
Before the upgrade everything worked fine, two analog output + HDMI Audio and ID was 389 ...
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Mac Serg.zip
    390.5 KB · Views: 98
sergey19687 said:
Hello!
On my system / GA-H67N-USB3-B3 / i3-2105 / Intel HD 3000 / after updating to 10.7.4 not working sound via HDMI.
BIOS F7.
DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3-EHCI-HDMI.aml (from this site / guide).
Audio / Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889 of MultiBeast 4.5.1 ..
The Report of the audio system ID 889, is only one way out green ...
Before the upgrade everything worked fine, two analog output + HDMI Audio and ID was 389 ...
What am I doing wrong?
Many things are wrong. The dsdt that is installed is not the dsdt described above. The dsdt described above is not correct for your system. Use the DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-F7-EHCI-HDMI.aml. That dsdt enables the correct audio id of 389. Delete the audio enabler as it should not be installed when a dsdt is installed.

The IOReg you attached shows AppleHDA Rollback installed. Are you trying to get MultiBeast audio working or the Optimized 889? Are you using a dsdt? If yes, attach with reply. If you are trying to get the Optimized 889 to work, delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext and use the Installation instructions (MultiBeast) in the first post of this thread. Reply with a copy of IOReg with 889 Optimized installed.

I removed all audio kexts from s/l/e/ then installed the patched hda using multibeast. After reboot I now have sound, but after a few hits of the alumium keyboard's audio key the system dialogs hang. I turned the volume up/down maybe 10 times and now can not get the restart dialog to show up no matter how many times I select "Restart."

I've attached a few screenshots, the dsdt I'm using and a copy of the newest ioreg (with patched hda installed). EDIT: I also noticed I now have two entries for "Intel High Definition Audio" in system information where there once was one, not sure if that helps. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    694.8 KB · Views: 100
Hi ... my system config is as such ... gigabyte x-58 ud-7, i7-950 , ati 5970(for windows) / zotac 440 gt (for mac) . The ud-7 has 7.1 sound onboard. It uses the 889 realtek. I checked my dsdt and it has the same Ids as listed. I am running 10.7.4 and deleted apple hda from s/l/e . Installed patched apple has with non dsdt enabler with fix permissions and user dsdt option with the dsdt.aml placed on my desktop. I still have only stereo output. Only one port works out of the 3 that are supposed to. Can you help me please. If i am doing something wrong perhaps you could tell me . I appreciate your help. Thanks

benjaminplum said:
I removed all audio kexts from s/l/e/ then installed the patched hda using multibeast. After reboot I now have sound, but after a few hits of the alumium keyboard's audio key the system dialogs hang. I turned the volume up/down maybe 10 times and now can not get the restart dialog to show up no matter how many times I select "Restart."

I've attached a few screenshots, the dsdt I'm using and a copy of the newest ioreg (with patched hda installed). EDIT: I also noticed I now have two entries for "Intel High Definition Audio" in system information where there once was one, not sure if that helps. Thanks again.
I don't know of any relationship between keyboard audio commands and restart. Regarding audio, delete the audio enabler in S/L/E. Use an enabler only when there is no dsdt.

irti said:
Hi ... my system config is as such ... gigabyte x-58 ud-7, i7-950 , ati 5970(for windows) / zotac 440 gt (for mac) . The ud-7 has 7.1 sound onboard. It uses the 889 realtek. I checked my dsdt and it has the same Ids as listed. I am running 10.7.4 and deleted apple hda from s/l/e . Installed patched apple has with non dsdt enabler with fix permissions and user dsdt option with the dsdt.aml placed on my desktop. I still have only stereo output. Only one port works out of the 3 that are supposed to. Can you help me please. If i am doing something wrong perhaps you could tell me . I appreciate your help. Thanks
Remove the enabler as it should not be installed with an edited dsdt. How did you determine whether a port is working or not? Reply with a copy of IOReg.

toleda said:
irti said:
Remove the enabler as it should not be installed with an edited dsdt. How did you determine whether a port is working or not? Reply with a copy of IOReg.

I determine which ports are working by just plugging the speakers into them one by one .. I tried doing the whole thing without the non dsdt enabler first ...didnt work either so then i tried with the non dsdt enabler.... I have attached a copy of my IO.reg ... thanks a lot for helping me out here

Attachments

• irti.ioreg.txt
    218.2 KB · Views: 247
irti said:
I determine which ports are working by just plugging the speakers into them one by one .. I tried doing the whole thing without the non dsdt enabler first ...didnt work either so then i tried with the non dsdt enabler.... I have attached a copy of my IO.reg ... thanks a lot for helping me out here
IOReg.txt is not useful. Try IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open file to verify and attach.

Your speaker test methodology is giving you false fails. Try this:
1. Play songs in iTunes
2. Open System Preference/Sound/Outputs
3. Plug speakers into Green Port, Select Internal Speakers, verify sound.
4. Plug speakers into Front Green Port, Select Headphones, verify sound.
5. Plug speakers into Orange Port, Select Select 1st Line Out, verify sound.
6. Plug speakers into Black Port, Select Select 2nd Line Out, verify sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back