Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pretty much followed the guide and went from not using a dsdt to making my own. I can get the digital audio and analog audio but not the hdmi through my 5870.

A few of the fields in hdef section have different numbers. When I tried to paste the code from above in my dsdt it wouldn't compile. Every line seemed to have errors. When I went Over it is when I noticed mine said 4 and above said zero.

Should I go through each part and change mine to the provided from the code?

Also like I stated I didn't use dsdt before so I added through multi the non dsdt audio, part 1 and 2.

Please tell me what info I should provide to best assist you pros with helping me

Thanks in advance :)

Huge thanks! was fighting with this issue for almost a day.

ga zx68xp-ud4 rev 1.0 bios F4
gtx560 ti
i7 2700k
image set to MacPro 3.1

did this:
upgraded bios to F4 (qflash method)
Mac 10.7 - patched ethernet and enabled graph through multibeast
update to Mac 10.7.4 - had to repatch graphics

did a lot of mess with the kexts. finally just downloaded the new 4.4.1 multi beast and installed:
Alc8xxHDA
Patched HDA
Reboot - and finally it worked!
I know it's not according to your method but i'm writing for those who are having the hell i had. Your method didn't work for me but helped me get there

How would I go about doing EFI injection rather than DSDT edit? Any suggestions? Avoiding extra Kext and DSDT if I can.

toleda said:
philz said:
How would I go about doing EFI injection rather than DSDT edit? Any suggestions? Avoiding extra Kext and DSDT if I can.
Never tried EFI strings. Don't know of a tool for audio.

Hmm bummer, that's what I'm finding is EFI injection was really only used back when hack's started. As now chimera/chameleon does it built in (to an extent, not audio and hence DSDT's but for ethernet/graphics).

Well thanks anyways and keep up the good work :headbang:

I have MSI X58 Pro-E, and just like the others with the same mobo, no sound for me.

I downloaded the latest multibeast and tried the patched AppleHDA but did not work for me.

My audio is detected, and I can find it in System Prefs, but no sound is coming out of the speakers.

I'm not using DSDT because I cannot find one for my motherboard in the database.

Oh well.

mhacleth said:
I have MSI X58 Pro-E, and just like the others with the same mobo, no sound for me.
Wish I knew the answer. The only MSI board I know of with on board audio is Going Bald's MSI Z77A-GD65 with the interim 898 AppleHDA,kext. What is unique about his IOReg/HDEF is there are no PinConfigs. Even though the his kext has PinConfigs, they don't show up in IOReg. As an experiment, deleted the ConfigData in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/info.plist. reply with the result.

mhacleth said:

I downloaded the latest multibeast and tried the patched AppleHDA but did not work for me.

My audio is detected, and I can find it in System Prefs, but no sound is coming out of the speakers.

I'm not using DSDT because I cannot find one for my motherboard in the database.

Oh well.

Hello, I can give the steps you need to make your own DSDT like I did with mine.

toleda said:
Wish I knew the answer. The only MSI board I know of with on board audio is Going Bald's MSI Z77A-GD65 with the interim 898 AppleHDA,kext. What is unique about his IOReg/HDEF is there are no PinConfigs. Even though the his kext has PinConfigs, they don't show up in IOReg. As an experiment, deleted the ConfigData in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/info.plist. reply with the result.

Hello, I have deleted the ConfigData section and this is the result:

IORegistry.zip

Of course, still no sound at all.

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    593.9 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back