Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
irti said:
I determine which ports are working by just plugging the speakers into them one by one .. I tried doing the whole thing without the non dsdt enabler first ...didnt work either so then i tried with the non dsdt enabler.... I have attached a copy of my IO.reg ... thanks a lot for helping me out here
IOReg.txt is not useful. Try IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., open file to verify and attach.

Your speaker test methodology is giving you false fails. Try this:
1. Play songs in iTunes
2. Open System Preference/Sound/Outputs
3. Plug speakers into Green Port, Select Internal Speakers, verify sound.
4. Plug speakers into Front Green Port, Select Headphones, verify sound.
5. Plug speakers into Orange Port, Select Select 1st Line Out, verify sound.
6. Plug speakers into Black Port, Select Select 2nd Line Out, verify sound.

Ok this is the IOregistry ... iTunes plays only stereo.. Only two speakers working ...attached image of System Preference/Sound/Outputs. No Internal Speakers, Only 2 line outs and one digital out ... Both line outs work ok separately ... as in when i choose one the other won't work... otherwise i am able to get sound from both line outs

Attachments

• 2012-05-25 06.11.45 pm.png
    2012-05-25 06.11.45 pm.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Irteza’s Mac Pro.zip
    719.5 KB · Views: 102
toleda said:
I don't know of any relationship between keyboard audio commands and restart. Regarding audio, delete the audio enabler in S/L/E. Use an enabler only when there is no dsdt.

It's not just restart, it's basically any OSX system dialog that becomes unresponsive, as well as the keyboard buttons. When I remove the patched hda the system returns to it's snappy self, but I loose sound, even with the dsdt. I guess I can live without it...

irti said:
Ok this is the IOregistry ... iTunes plays only stereo.. Only two speakers working ...attached image of System Preference/Sound/Outputs. No Internal Speakers, Only 2 line outs and one digital out ... Both line outs work ok separately ... as in when i choose one the other won't work... otherwise i am able to get sound from both line outs
There is something wrong with your front panel; neither Internal Speakers nor Internal Microphone shows in IOReg. Try unplugging the HD Audio front panel connector from the motherboard.

For Multichannel audio see http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

There is something wrong with your front panel; neither Internal Speakers nor Internal Microphone shows in IOReg. Try unplugging the HD Audio front panel connector from the motherboard.

For Multichannel audio see http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

Hi .. i found the problem.. It was my fault really..I had to choose the layout id:289. Well I made the necessary changes in the dsdt and reapplied multi beast with patched applehda and all the speakers are working, :headbang: created an aggregate device, but for some reason while playing some songs in iTunes only the front 2 speakers are working. :problem: I have chosen aggregate device in sound setup. Also the front mic seems to have stopped working. :banghead: Anyways I can't disconnect the front panel connector as I am dual booting windows and mac and I don't wanna open up my case every time I switch over.. This is a copy of my current IOReg..Let me know what do you think ... Thanks a lot for giving me your time..

Attachments

• Irteza’s Mac Pro.zip
    612.4 KB · Views: 64
irti said:
Hi .. i found the problem.. It was my fault really..I had to choose the layout id:289. Well I made the necessary changes in the dsdt and reapplied multi beast with patched applehda and all the speakers are working, :headbang: created an aggregate device, but for some reason while playing some songs in iTunes only the front 2 speakers are working. :problem: I have chosen aggregate device in sound setup. Also the front mic seems to have stopped working. :banghead: Anyways I can't disconnect the front panel connector as I am dual booting windows and mac and I don't wanna open up my case every time I switch over.. This is a copy of my current IOReg..Let me know what do you think ... Thanks a lot for giving me your time..
iTunes only supports stereo music. The aggregate option will only put sound on the front speakers with iTunes. If you want stereo on all speakers, use Audio MIDI Setup to create a Multi-Output device; select internal speakers and both Line Outs. No idea why your front mic stopped working.

thought i would post here instead of new thread.

audio is working, however the popping issue is quite bad; occurs on startup, when opening iTunes for the first time, when adjusting the sound levels, etc. Popping is accompanied by a momentary system "stall" as well.

using the dsdt from the database, no further edits
using the patched 889 via MultiBeast
currently using the HD3000 video via HDMI

z68ma-D2H-B3 F9
i5-2500K
macmini system definition
lion 10.7.4

not sure where to go...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-27 at 8.52.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-27 at 8.52.25 PM.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 141