Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately there is no patch for my supermicro X9DAI motherboard. should the add HDEF method work when i just extract my dsdt and then add the HDEF code to the dsdt without a motherboard patch?

toleda said:
sonicseamus said:
But will the 289 ID change my rear line in ports (blue and pink) to line out ports?
Yes. For the second time, read the Read_Me_First...

I read it, but I wanted to check and make sure because that surprised me. Are they line outs for those who want surround sound? Because I would like to keep them as line ins, but to get rid of the extra two line out options in the "Outputs" section of the system preferences because they do not exist on my board. Anyway, I'm going to revert to 889 because I want my rear mic and line in ports back.

Hi toleda,

Thanks for all your fantastic work on this. I followed your directions (I think!), but I don't see an option for 5.1 surround sound on the list of output devices. I edited my DSDT file per your instructions and it compiled without a hitch, and I also installed the Patched AppleHDA ALC889 kext using MultiBeast 4.6.1. I can get sound through each set of speakers (i.e., front L/R, center, rear L/R), but not all at the same time. I've attached a screen shot of my Sound control panel and my window in DSDTSE. Any advice?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 4.04.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 4.04.44 PM.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 4.08.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 4.08.42 PM.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 157
CurlyParadiddle said:
Hi toleda,

Thanks for all your fantastic work on this. I followed your directions (I think!), but I don't see an option for 5.1 surround sound on the list of output devices. I edited my DSDT file per your instructions and it compiled without a hitch, and I also installed the Patched AppleHDA ALC889 kext using MultiBeast 4.6.1. I can get sound through each set of speakers (i.e., front L/R, center, rear L/R), but not all at the same time. I've attached a screen shot of my Sound control panel and my window in DSDTSE. Any advice?

Nevermind. Figured it out. I forgot to make an aggregate device using these instructions.

I've tried this, and my audio does work...however, the only thing that does not work is the front panel microphone. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm running a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 with Lion 10.7.2.

Thanks!

Dutchcoffee said:
I've tried this, and my audio does work...however, the only thing that does not work is the front panel microphone. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm running a Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 with Lion 10.7.2.
With System Preferences/Sound/Input open, what happens to Internal Microphone when you plug the front panel microphone in?

toleda said:
Dutchcoffee said:
With System Preferences/Sound/Input open, what happens to Internal Microphone when you plug the front panel microphone in?

Before I plugin the microphone, it shows up as "Internal Microphone". After I plug it in, it changes to "Line In", however, when I try to speak into the mic, I don't see the input level move like I do when it's plugged into the back microphone port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back