Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well before I could never get anything but HDMI audio working. When I tried to get realtek audio working it broke HDMI audio. So I guess my question is will this do the same or will I be able to get all audio options working.

Well before I could never get anything but HDMI audio working. When I tried to get realtek audio working it broke HDMI audio. So I guess my question is will this do the same or will I be able to get all audio options working.
HDMI audio does not break onboard audio. It is normal for onboard and HDMI audio to work together. The procedure is to get on board working with dsdt/HDEF and then add HDMI audio.

Hey guys I did a recent build and got everything working (network, video card, etc.). The audio devices are also showing up (but showing up as "Line Out / Line Out / Line Out / Line Out". Aside from it showing up as LINE OUT ^ the audio is distorted, echoing, crackling. When I move my mouse around really quick the distortion subsides but its still not useable...

Will the fix on page one of this thread help me?

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (f12)
Running Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Audio Codec is ALC889
Running Multibeast 3.10.1

I know the original post says that you have to be running "10.7.2 or newer - 64 bit kernel" so I am guessing that might have answered my own question.....

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys I did a recent build and got everything working (network, video card, etc.). The audio devices are also showing up (but showing up as "Line Out / Line Out / Line Out / Line Out". Aside from it showing up as LINE OUT ^ the audio is distorted, echoing, crackling. When I move my mouse around really quick the distortion subsides but its still not useable...

Will the fix on page one of this thread help me?
Back up your system. Try it. No idea what will happen.

Back up your system. Try it. No idea what will happen.

Do you recommend installing mountain lion instead and using the directions from the other sticky thread instead? The only reason I haven't done so is because I figure if audio is not working on snow leopard it wont work on lion.... but that might not be the case?

Do you recommend installing mountain lion instead and using the directions from the other sticky thread instead? The only reason I haven't done so is because I figure if audio is not working on snow leopard it wont work on lion.... but that might not be the case?
889 audio works in Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion.

889 audio works in Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion.

I meant will the update on page 1 work for me if I'm using snow leopard...

Anyways for those of you wondering what happens the answer is NO! Obviously using the 889 patch built for lion didn't work on my snow leopard. *should have been pretty obvious, but I was desperate.

HOWEVER! I did get the audio working by using a different method. I will write about my success on a separate post :)

please disregard old posts, only serving to slow down people that have a clue (unlike me).

Hi
I read the whole thread and found some info about my board MSI X58 pro-e (i don't bother to say no sound here). I did a fresh install (lion) combo updated to .4 and then applied the newest MultiBeast with toledo's patched HDA. Same as allways the soundcard is visible but no sound.

What bothers me are the helpers and enablers that should be deleted... Which kext would that be? Are they already there 'cos I installed in Multibeast only the Patched HDA for 10.7.4 (after i did the update of course)
Another post was about deleting info.plist with the pin description. I couldn't find this kext and the plist inside...

So i'm posting my IOreg and my DSDT which I made in january but were unable to use HDA sollution and since then used lion with the voodoo sound - noisy and it panics a lot!

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• MSI_X58_pro-e.zip
    571.3 KB · Views: 129
:crazy:
Any ideas?
The only change is that a MSI Ivy Bridge (something GD65) had 898 sound working. Back to your system, the enablers (HDAEnabler889.kext) or helpers (ALC8xxHDA.kext) would not be on your system with a dsdt. The pinconfigs are in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext, a plugin for AppleHDA.kext. Simply, MSI uses a pinconfig value that is not recognized by AppleHDA.kext. You can try the ML AppleHDA Alpha, however, I expect the same outcome. See ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha.

sadly i was expecting that. I have no choice but to use Voodoo and accept the noisy sound and a KP's from tme to time... Next time I pick a more popular mobo, I guess :p

Thank You toleda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back