Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutchcoffee said:
Before I plugin the microphone, it shows up as "Internal Microphone". After I plug it in, it changes to "Line In", however, when I try to speak into the mic, I don't see the input level move like I do when it's plugged into the back microphone port.
What version of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is installed (Finder/Get Info)?

toleda said:
Dutchcoffee said:
Before I plugin the microphone, it shows up as "Internal Microphone". After I plug it in, it changes to "Line In", however, when I try to speak into the mic, I don't see the input level move like I do when it's plugged into the back microphone port.
What version of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is installed (Finder/Get Info)?

It says 2.1.3

toleda said:
Dutchcoffee said:
It says 2.1.3
Fixed in 2.2.0. Mutibeast (4.6.1 or newer) Patched AppleHDA.kext/ALC889

Which ones do I need to select? Just ALC889 under Patched AppleHDA?

toleda said:
Dutchcoffee said:
Which ones do I need to select? Just ALC889 under Patched AppleHDA?
Yes.

Okay, I removed the old HDA, ran the repair disk thing, restarted the computer and installed the new HDA kext using Multibeast (the latest version). Restarted the computer, and no audio. I did it twice, same effect.

toleda said:
drgnmsr said:
I am using this Theater System:

According to the Specifications page under Decoding, it says, "DTS96/24 : Yes"

Also, I did Part 8 of the Customization Guide and I still only got Stereo through VLC encoded digital audio.

Though, I was hoping to get surround sound through my gaming and video editing more than anything since all of the music and video I use is only stereo since I just download everything.

Additionally, is there any alternative device that I might be able to purchase that will allow me to use complete SPDIF Optical Out use throughout my Hack'a'Mac? I was trying to do some research on USB devises from Sound Blaster and a PCIe device also by Sound blaster, but I can't seem to find any confirmation that anyone else even uses the Optical Out feature functionally.
You only get DTS96/24 when the source is DTS96/24 and the player supports DTS96/24. See note 3 in the first post.

It says, "SPDIFOut Encoded Digital Audio (Surround Sound) requires DD/DTS source, DD/DTS player (Plex, XBMC, Boxee) and DD/DTS sound system." So, which one do I not have? I already stated clearly that my sound system shows, "DTS96/24 : Yes", and since other people are getting 5.1 out of there Z68X-UD3H-B3, I am amusing that I have a DTS96/24 source, so according to you, this should work, but it does not.

drgnmsr said:
It says, "SPDIFOut Encoded Digital Audio (Surround Sound) requires DD/DTS source, DD/DTS player (Plex, XBMC, Boxee) and DD/DTS sound system." So, which one do I not have? I already stated clearly that my sound system shows, "DTS96/24 : Yes", and since other people are getting 5.1 out of there Z68X-UD3H-B3, I am amusing that I have a DTS96/24 source, so according to you, this should work, but it does not.
Do you see VLC in the quote above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back