Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4

Do the steps by MacMan still applies for 10.6.5?
I was using MultiBeast 2.6.3 and have followed the steps, cept for ATY_Init Vervet, which I picked Uakari, and the smbios.plist which I picked 4,1 Mac Pro Core i7 and had failed to boot.
I finally went with Easybeast and have successfully run 10.6.5 with audio and LAN working, but I still can't get the 5970 to work. Have added devid and disabled 2nd GPU but results in a failed boot.

Could anyone kindly advise the best path to reinstall the system now that MultiBeast 3.0.3 is out? I have a freshly installed 10.6.3 ready to tinker with.
Would truly appreciate it

Thanks for the guide. Have my hackintosh running with no problems!

I have it running except for two things that I can see so far.

1) Sound. All I am getting its the fuzzy noise sound. I used "FB" for the DSDT and also tried Realtek ALX8xx. When looking at the outputs in the audio settings, all just say digital audio. No onboard. Any ideas?

2) I am having to use iBoot to boot when rebooting, but that is because my HD is 2tb. Can I just partition it to 1tb each and it would work fine? Is there a way to join partitions later?

Thanks

Edit: This is all I see for audio outputs
Screen%20shot.png

mds2004 said:
I have it running except for two things that I can see so far.

1) Sound. All I am getting its the fuzzy noise sound. I used "FB" for the DSDT and also tried Realtek ALX8xx. When looking at the outputs in the audio settings, all just say digital audio. No onboard. Any ideas?

2) I am having to use iBoot to boot when rebooting, but that is because my HD is 2tb. Can I just partition it to 1tb each and it would work fine? Is there a way to join partitions later?

Thanks

Edit: This is all I see for audio outputs
What does System Profiler show for Audio?

MacMan said:
Screen%20shot.png

Thanks for the response

mds2004 said:
MacMan said:
Screen%20shot.png

Thanks for the response
That is the incorrect layout id for a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0, the correct layout id is 889. You either installed the incorrect DSDT and/or HDAEnabler. Look for HDAEnabler in /S/L/E and if found, delete it and rebuild caches. Otherwise verify you have the correct DSDT.

MacMan said:
That is the incorrect layout id for a GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0, the correct layout id is 889. You either installed the incorrect DSDT and/or HDAEnabler. Look for HDAEnabler in /S/L/E and if found, delete it and rebuild caches. Otherwise verify you have the correct DSDT.
Screen%20.png

Thank you. It is correct saying 889 after finding it in /S/L/E. It is still only saying "Digital Out" four times for output in prefrences. Still no audio either. :(

mds2004 said:
MacMan said:
Screen%20.png

Thank you. It is correct saying 889 after finding it in /S/L/E. It is still only saying "Digital Out" four times for output in prefrences. Still no audio either. :(
What is in /E/E?

Make sure that VoodooHDA isn't in /S/L/E, reinstall the AppleHDA Rollback in MultiBeast and rebuild caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back