Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: UPDATED GUIDE HERE: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide
customacpro2.png
Many of you have been or will be building the CustoMac Pro and wanted an installation guide. I have built almost the same exact configuration (which I will post in User Builds) and will document how easy it was to get this system up and running.

What is needed:

Installation Steps:

• 1.) Boot using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3
    2.) Install OS X
    3.) Reboot using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3
    4.) Remove iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 disc.
    5.) Launch MultiBeast but don't let the installer run
    6.) Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
    7.) Launch and install Snow Leopard Graphics Update, but don't click restart when it completes
    8.) Run MultiBeast with the following options:
    [list:1q11jnvt]- UserDSDT
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC889
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Disk -> JMicron36x (aka GSATA) -> JMicron36xeSATA or JMicron36xSATA depending on wether you want internal or external GSATA ports
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Disk -> JMicron36x (aka GSATA) -> JMicron36xATA (Optional for ATA/IDE support only)
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network -> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet -> Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet
    - Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
    - Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> Mac Pro -> Core i7
9.) Close MultiBeast and click restart on Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo) or Snow Leopard Graphics Update
10.) Enjoy your CustoMac Pro and all the money you saved :D [/list:u:1q11jnvt]

There are currently a couple of know limitations:

• 1.) ATY_Init is only 32-bit. There is on going work to find an alternative enabler.
    2.) Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet driver for the RTL8111E is only 32-bit and prevents proper wake from sleep. Lnx2Mac is porting the Linux RTL81xx driver to OS X. This driver will support the 81111D and 8111E in 32/64-bit mode and is currently in a private beta.
    3.) Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver is available as a beta release now at http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html. Once it leaves beta, it will be added to MultiBeast and this guide will be updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Official CustoMac Pro 2010 Install Guide

thanks

audio is 5.1? how config??

test DSDT in a moment!

thanks

MacMan said:
2.) Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet driver for the RTL8111E is only 32-bit and prevents proper wake from sleep. There is on ongoing project for a replacement universal Realtek 81xx driver.

Does this mean the ethernet adapter won't work after waking from sleep? I'm asking because it works fine for me. I've been putting sleeping and waking the machine constantly and everything keeps working without a hitch.

FYI, I followed jpa's guide for my install.

freejack said:
MacMan said:
2.) Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet driver for the RTL8111E is only 32-bit and prevents proper wake from sleep. There is on ongoing project for a replacement universal Realtek 81xx driver.

Does this mean the ethernet adapter won't work after waking from sleep? I'm asking because it works fine for me. I've been putting sleeping and waking the machine constantly and everything keeps working without a hitch.

FYI, I followed jpa's guide for my install.
Which version of the board do you have? What Realtek driver are you using?

The issue is only seen with the official Realtek driver in MultiBeast and with any board that has the RTL8111E.

I have both Realtek Kexts installed. How would I remove the incorrect one from my system?

MacMan said:
Official CustoMac Pro 2010 Install Guide
customacpro2.png
Many of you have been or will be building the CustoMac Pro and wanted an installation guide. I have built almost the same exact configuration (which I will post in User Builds) and will document how easy it was to get this system up and running.

What is needed:

Installation Steps:

• 1.) Boot using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3
    2.) Install OS X
    3.) Reboot using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3
    4.) Remove iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 disc.
    5.) Launch MultiBeast but don't let the installer run
    6.) Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
    7.) Launch and install Snow Leopard Graphics Update, but don't click restart when it completes
    8.) Run MultiBeast with the following options:
    [list:2edcmwm9]- UserDSDT
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC889
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Disk -> JMicron36x (aka GSATA) -> JMicron36xeSATA or JMicron36xSATA depending on wether you want internal or external GSATA ports
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Disk -> JMicron36x (aka GSATA) -> JMicron36xATA (Optional for ATA/IDE support only)
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network -> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet -> Realtek RTL8169 Ethernet
    - Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
    - Advanced Options -> smbios.plist -> Mac Pro -> Core i7
9.) Close MultiBeast and click restart on Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo) or Snow Leopard Graphics Update
10.) Enjoy your CustoMac Pro and all the money you saved :D [/list:u:2edcmwm9]

There are currently a couple of know limitations:

• 1.) ATY_Init is only 32-bit. There is on going work to find an alternative enabler.

This is about to make my life much easier - just putting the hardware together now .....
:silent:

Last edited by a moderator:

MacMan said:

The issue is only seen with the official Realtek driver in MultiBeast and with any board that has the RTL8111E.

Hi MacMan. I'm using this one from jpa's guide:

- modified IONetworkingFamily.kext (Realtec_8111d_3264.zip)

Is that different from the one you have in multibeast?

If this one works better why not include it in multibeast instead?

freejack said:
MacMan said:

Hi MacMan. I'm using this one from jpa's guide:

- modified IONetworkingFamily.kext (Realtec_8111d_3264.zip)

Is that different from the one you have in multibeast?
Yes, that one is using the psystar version.

angelnieves said:
i cant boot from my HD on with iboot.
Try removing your wireless card and start over and do a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back