Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4

MacMan said:
gyver said:
Hello Macman, im ridiculously new to this, I have X58A-UD3R, XFX 5770, I7950, 16gb of RAM 1600mhz. I followed all steps, and installed MacOSx successfully. However I am getting the same issue as one of the posters here, upon booting with no iboot, I get to a black screen, and my fans are on full blast. I saw your reply specifying to run multibeast again using userDSDT, and selecting ATI_ini and setting the graphics enabler to no, I cannot find that option anywhere after re running multibeast. Which DSDT should I use. Please excuse my ignorance. I apreciate your reply in advance.
They are under Advanced Options.

Thank you for the response, I changed the graphics enabler in the advanced options, but is it 32 and 64 or or one or the other? also I did not find the ATI_ini setting anywhere. I did the changes with both 32 and 64 and ran multibeast again. Now it gets stuck in the apple, I guess thats some progress. Thanks in advanced.

gyver said:
MacMan said:
gyver said:
Hello Macman, im ridiculously new to this, I have X58A-UD3R, XFX 5770, I7950, 16gb of RAM 1600mhz. I followed all steps, and installed MacOSx successfully. However I am getting the same issue as one of the posters here, upon booting with no iboot, I get to a black screen, and my fans are on full blast. I saw your reply specifying to run multibeast again using userDSDT, and selecting ATI_ini and setting the graphics enabler to no, I cannot find that option anywhere after re running multibeast. Which DSDT should I use. Please excuse my ignorance. I apreciate your reply in advance.
They are under Advanced Options.

Thank you for the response, I changed the graphics enabler in the advanced options, but is it 32 and 64 or or one or the other? also I did not find the ATI_ini setting anywhere. I did the changes with both 32 and 64 and ran multibeast again. Now it gets stuck in the apple, I guess thats some progress. Thanks in advanced.
For a 5770 it is ATY_Init Vervet in Advanced->Kexts->Graphics->Enablers I think.

Fantastic, finally got it to boot from the HD, however, now no sound, and no ethernet. I used the suggestions on page 1 of this thread. Any suggestions on which kexts to use?

Edit: got ethernet working, now All I need is sound. So close!
The volume controller on my keyboard works, and raising the volume work as well, just no sound, I tried hooking up my studio monitor speakers in the black 1/8 and the green, headphones as well no luck. The only thing I can think of conflicting and please share some light on this, is that I reattached my soundblaster XFI back in the pci slot, since I have win 7 in another drive. I appreciate the help so far.

Finally got everything working beautifully. Thank you Macmac for the clarifications. This is awesome, I bought this hw 2 weeks ago to upgrade and found this site, what a bonus!

Hi all. I'm also new to this and I have a problem with the ram or the mobo. I have an i7 950, X58A-UD3R -2.0 FB bios and OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1600 DDR3. My problem the bios does not see all my ram. It only sees 4 gigs with and I have a stick in each white slot. During post I get a "recovering lost dram" and it reboots 4 times until I can boot into the OS. I have tried tweaking the ram times, voltage for ram and cpu, change the ram multiplier to get to 1600, changing slots and running with only 1 stick then 2 and all 3, reset the cpu & heatsink. I did look for bent pins in the socket and found nothing wrong. Wondering if there is anything else I can try or do I need to rma the mobo and/or ram Thanks for all your help guys.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-13 at 8.59.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-13 at 8.59.48 PM.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 124

@mac977
Do you have the RAM installed in the blue slots?
Have you installed when you install Mac only 4 GB or Ram, this is very important, otherwise your memory is not recognized?

esel2010 said:
@mac977
Do you have the RAM installed in the blue slots?
Have you installed when you install Mac only 4 GB or Ram, this is very important, otherwise your memory is not recognized?

I have the ram installed in the white slots. When I had the ram in the blue slots, I couldnt get a post. I did install OS X with only 4gb then added the 3rd stick later. After I reseated the cpu for the 2nd time (temp issues) is when I started getting the lost dram problem. Then I reseated the cpu again to check for bent pins in the socket but I didnt see any. Cleaned out the ram slots to make sure there wasnt anything in there that wouldnt make a good contact and that didnt help either.

gyver said:
Finally got everything working beautifully. Thank you Macmac for the clarifications. This is awesome, I bought this hw 2 weeks ago to upgrade and found this site, what a bonus!
So, what did you do to get everything working? By posting your solution, you allow others to learn from your efforts.

I'm thinking of me as I plan my next effort. :D I tend to use a previous generation of components because the bugs are worked out by the time I jump into the effort. :thumbup:

@mac977
I have the same motherboard and the same RAM.
The Ram I'm in the blue slots, you should use, and have no problems.

esel2010 said:
@mac977
I have the same motherboard and the same RAM.
The Ram I'm in the blue slots, you should use, and have no problems.

Thanks esel. I put them all in the blue slots and everything turns on but I get no post. I just hangs there with no video signal. I cant get into the bios or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back