Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4

Stork said:
gyver said:
Finally got everything working beautifully. Thank you Macmac for the clarifications. This is awesome, I bought this hw 2 weeks ago to upgrade and found this site, what a bonus!
So, what did you do to get everything working? By posting your solution, you allow others to learn from your efforts.

I'm thinking of me as I plan my next effort. :D I tend to use a previous generation of components because the bugs are worked out by the time I jump into the effort. :thumbup:

I removed all files in the extra dir, and ran multibeast again, this time with all the correct settings according to the walkthrough, rebooted, and I got everything, I had to switch the output to internal speakers. I Dont know if thats normal but I get sound. integrated audio is only temporary till I switch to an external interface. I did run into the no wake on sleep, but i dont like my machine going to sleep so I turned it off. I also ran into the nic not being detected when I reboot and boot into windows 7 or from 7 to OSx. The temporary workaround that I do is do a complete shutdown, and flip the switch on my psu, flip it back on and boot to the desired OS. Then it enables again, I have no idea what it could be and I haven't searched if its been documented.

Hello, my MB is GA-X58A-UD3R REV 13. Can I use this guide ????? If NOT can you tell me what do I have to change in the guide ??? or where can I get a guide for this MB Rev ???? Thanks !!

Thanks for the guide !!

Xeikon

mac977 said:
esel2010 said:
@mac977
I have the same motherboard and the same RAM.
The Ram I'm in the blue slots, you should use, and have no problems.

Thanks esel. I put them all in the blue slots and everything turns on but I get no post. I just hangs there with no video signal. I cant get into the bios or anything.

Hm, had that problem too, for the first boot, it was simple, forgot to plug in the second powerplug on the board (one ATX and one for CPU, something like AUX power or so)
I suggest to check the cables again

mac977 said:
esel2010 said:
@mac977

Thanks esel. I put them all in the blue slots and everything turns on but I get no post. I just hangs there with no video signal. I cant get into the bios or anything.

Do you have another video card? I had a bad video card (brand new!) and it wouldn't post. I didn't even get any beeps or anything...

Hilbe said:
mac977 said:
esel2010 said:
@mac977

Do you have another video card? I had a bad video card (brand new!) and it wouldn't post. I didn't even get any beeps or anything...

The video card is fine. I was able to fire up steam for mac and play some half life 2 with no problems. I can boot just fine if I have the ram in the white slots and everything works perfectly except for "recovering lost dram" issue after it posts and then it reboots 3 or 4 times before it will start OS X. The bios will only see 2 gigs less ram than what I have but OS X will see all 6gb. So when I changed the ram and to the blue slots, then it wont post anything at all. I do have the the other power connector plugged in (next to the cpu). I guess it wont hurt to unplug and plug it back in again to see what happens.

Hilbe said:
mac977 said:
esel2010 said:
@mac977

I had the same problem with no post the 1st time I turned it on. I thought it was the vid card too. I eneded up unplugging the power from the mobo and the vid card, plugged it back in then it worked :D. Now I have this other problem with the recovering lost dram :banghead:

New wrinkle in my otherwise good install.
I switched out my i7 950 for a i7 970 (thanks retail edge).
Everything seemed to work fine with geekbench reading it correctly.
However my RAM speed is now off, it used to read 1333 when I tweaked the timings and set the multiplier correct in the bios, however, now the computer only reads it at 800.
Geekbench the same.
Although the bios shows it correct and it boots correct on the screen.
Any help on this issue?
Do I need to redo mutlibeast or a DSDT or something?
Thanks and happy holidays-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back