Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

svar said:
freejack: I wonder whats different, I got almost the same setup as you, got corsair memory instead and my geekbench score is around 8700.
You run 32 or 64bit geekbench?

make sure you choose macpro instead of imac in multibeast.

freejack: I have choosed mac pro i7 there.

Seems like the first post is updated too to reflect the Multibeast changes, wil try this afternoon :)

Hi guys!

Im new here as you can see ;)

Ive just bought the complete system, but I only got 4 Gb of ram instead of 6.

Got the Rev 2.0 of the gigabyte motherboard.

I cant seem to get the iBoot 5XXX 3 to boot properly, it loads the ramdisk and then it flashes to a black screen, I got a 24" samsung connected to the upper DVI connector on the Gigabyte 5770 gfx.
Tried the second one also...

What exact bios settings should I use?

Ive tried to burn the iBoot disk on dvds and cds but now luck at all...

Got the problem solved and can confirm that I had some kind of problem with my nero application.

I burnt iBoot-5XXX 3 again, this time it worked.

BIOS settings that I changed:
Advanced BIOS Features -> First Boot Device -> CD-Rom
Advanced BIOS Features -> Second Boot Device -> Harddrive

Integrated Peripherals -> ICH SATA Control Mode -> AHCI
Integrated Peripherals -> USB Keyboard Function -> AHCI
Integrated Peripherals -> USB Mouse Function -> AHCI
Integrated Peripherals -> eSATA Ctrl Mode -> AHCI

Power Management Setup - > HPET MODE -> 64-bit mode

I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard with the Successfull screen, then I rebooted the computer with the iBoot-5XXX 3 cd and it loads the ramdisk and it just goes to a black screen.

Anyone got any Idea how to solve this? :)

Continued...

Trying and trying... I just disconnected my harddrive and then I could get the iBoot disk to boot properly, but when I connect it then the screen goes black.

Is it my harddrive or what?

Continued...

Got the stuff to work with reinstall, I also did a complete format on the drive, making 3 partitions with GUID Table format settings.

Rebooted and booted with the iBoot disk, got the EBIOS error and rebooted again, now everything worked. Im currently at the Welcome screen and will try to continue with the next stage.

Im writing this installation log here because if there is some other soul in this world that has these problems and are about to give up!

Admin you can delete it if its to much!

Best Regards,

EIGHTYFO

shooteagle said:
My system is working fine now. not even getting thek KP on shutdown. don't know why. but when i click the sleep, the system reboot to black. i tap some keys onb the keyboard and move the mouse but nothing shows up? I thought sleep was working? Is there a special key to wake up?

i having same problem with you , system works fine , but when device go to sleep , it not wake up more

@ Macman : please help us fix it !

Thanks so much !

Tom

Hi again guys, when Im I supposed to install the DSDT file? And where does it go?

After updating os x, gfx, and did the multibeast installation my machine gets KP when booting.

panic due to missing HPETs...

Best Regards,

EIGHTYFO

tom_codon said:
shooteagle said:
My system is working fine now. not even getting thek KP on shutdown. don't know why. but when i click the sleep, the system reboot to black. i tap some keys onb the keyboard and move the mouse but nothing shows up? I thought sleep was working? Is there a special key to wake up?

i having same problem with you , system works fine , but when device go to sleep , it not wake up more

@ Macman : please help us fix it !

Thanks so much !

Tom
If you are using the official Realtek driver than that is a know issue. Lnx2Mac's new Realtek driver (in private beta) cures that problem.

I have ordered 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB and they will arrive today. :)

Is there a chance to set up those SSDs in Raid 0 and install Win 7 64bit and Mac OS X
with your Guide:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

Do I have to Plug them into one of the ICH10 Sata Ports, as the 6Gb/s are not supported in Mac OSX up to now?

If there is no chance for a Hardwareraid, should I send one C300 back and install everything on one, like I have it right now, with my Vertex turbo 60GB?

This one seems nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMOFHAO9AHo&hd=1

In a moment of serendipity my new computer EXACTLY fit the CustoMac's specs - well different brands of memory, video card and optical drive but same models... so I decided to give it a crack.

I started off not really understanding how MultiBeast works - big mistake because even though I was following the guide i stuffed up my first install for two reasons;

1. I decompressed MultiBeast zip on a Windows machine - don't do this. Windows organises stuff a little differently - it doesn't copy the file attributes correctly. Having said that MultiBeast still ran but I'm pretty sure it wasn't working 100% correctly.
2. I didn't understand that MBeast is never actually installed on your system - it is a batch installer for kexts, etc. I'm also used to "grayed out" stuff meaning not available, but with MB you simply twirl down the options under Advanced to reveal the custom installations

OK - first time around with all those obstacles actually managed to install and get network working but couldn't get the machine to boot without iBoot CD - it would go to black after the TonyMac boot screen and fans on the XFX 5770 would go to full.

So started from scratch, re-installed following guide to letter. Same problem as above but this time an additional problem, the network cable showing up as "unplugged" even though the correct kexts were installed.

So started from scratch but on to a different hard drive - this turned out to be an excellent move, because after following the guide again, I accidentally selected the first Mac install that wasn't working and - hey presto - it worked. I reloaded the network and now it works! :? but :D

Not sure why my XFX 5770 wouldn't boot before but it all works now. Thanks MacMan - legend. One thing - I was running a PS2 keyboard and that stopped working when everything else started working so not sure if that was the culprit, but my USB keyboard is happily chugging along now.

Now all we need is 64bit drivers for the network and video card and we're set. I can now concentrate on learning FCP properly in my spare time (can already edit on Avid, but need FCP as well).

DeeJay said:
I have ordered 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB and they will arrive today. :)

Is there a chance to set up those SSDs in Raid 0 and install Win 7 64bit and Mac OS X
with your Guide:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html

Do I have to Plug them into one of the ICH10 Sata Ports, as the 6Gb/s are not supported in Mac OSX up to now?

If there is no chance for a Hardwareraid, should I send one C300 back and install everything on one, like I have it right now, with my Vertex turbo 60GB?

This one seems nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMOFHAO9AHo&hd=1
OS X doesn't support Intel hardware RAID. So either install either OS to it's own drive or return one.

Tried now with an Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB.
After I run MulitiBeast and restart, I get to the standar OSX wallpaper, but no mouse or icons.
No errors, it yust freez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back