Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

Mondo said:
In a moment of serendipity my new computer EXACTLY fit the CustoMac's specs - well different brands of memory, video card and optical drive but same models... so I decided to give it a crack.
One thing - I was running a PS2 keyboard and that stopped working when everything else started working so not sure if that was the culprit, but my USB keyboard is happily chugging along now.

Ok, first, please look up what "EXACTLY" means! :)

Second, to use a PS2 keyboard I think you need the vodoo<something> kext installed. I'm not at my hackintosh right now, so I can't look it up, but it in MultiBeast. read the descriptions and you will see one that allows for PS2 keyboards.

AllanMarcus said:
Mondo said:
In a moment of serendipity my new computer EXACTLY fit the CustoMac's specs - well different brands of memory, video card and optical drive but same models... so I decided to give it a crack.
One thing - I was running a PS2 keyboard and that stopped working when everything else started working so not sure if that was the culprit, but my USB keyboard is happily chugging along now.

Ok, first, please look up what "EXACTLY" means! :)

Second, to use a PS2 keyboard I think you need the vodoo<something> kext installed. I'm not at my hackintosh right now, so I can't look it up, but it in MultiBeast. read the descriptions and you will see one that allows for PS2 keyboards.

LOL - yeah by exactly I meant same mobo, 5770, 6 gig ram, etc. By serendipity I meant I bought this PC before the guide came out... I actually have a Sony BD drive and another optical drive in there.. still haven't figured out dual boot yet, apart from hitting a key and selecting the hard drive during the tonymac bootloader. If I use EasyBCD from Windows 7, on the next boot it doesn't recognise the Mac partitions ...

BTW _ I was only using the PS2 keyboard because this dodgy USB Bella Keyboard that I have for editing draws too much power or something for most USB. Anyway it is working OK at the moment but it has always been a bit weird on both Windows and my MacPro at work.

Here is my setup GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FB + i7 950 + 5770. Would someone help me with the dsdt? Or perhaps someone else has this same setup. I have tried searching but didn't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

dachoeks3 said:
Here is my setup GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 FB + i7 950 + 5770. Would someone help me with the dsdt? Or perhaps someone else has this same setup. I have tried searching but didn't come up with anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
The DSDT is available on the first page of this thread and in the DSDT database.

hi guys, just managed to get everything running ok. I started with

Gigabyte x58a-ud3r Rev.2 - FA
6gb gskill 1333
i7 930
ati 4670
sony dru-820a ide drive
wd 320hdd

I wasn't able to get to the install screen, I think I could have used my old ati 200m but I bought a 5770 batmobile to keep to the guide. With the 5770 I was able to get to the install screen, but multibeast would always close after graphics update even if I had checked everything in multibeast and was ready to click install. After a few tries it worked but I could only boot from cd, only 4gb showed with 6 installed, I would get a kp at boot (or black screen) when booting from hdd, and no audio or internet either - pretty much everything that's already been said. So I grabbed my new 1tb Hitachi (P/N 0F10383) and formatted that thinking it would probably fix some issues and now I can boot from hdd, audio and ethernet both work and 6gb of memory being used too. I wanted to say thanks macman for all the hard work and having a forum, the guides really helped. :)

edit: Nevermind bought paragon for ntfs drives sorry if it was off topic. I do have trouble with the ide drive showing up which I think did before, its not in system profiler, I guess I'll need to stick with a sata drive to be safe... edit2: I misunderstood multibeast, jMicron36ATA would be useful, I need to pay more attention.

MacMan said:
dachoeks3 said:

Thanks
The DSDT is available on the first page of this thread and in the DSDT database.

Thanks for the reply. I guess my question is can I use the dsdt from the first page on core I7 950 processor? Or do I have to edit it?

Thanks

dachoeks3 said:
MacMan said:
dachoeks3 said:

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I guess my question is can I use the dsdt from the first page on core I7 950 processor? Or do I have to edit it?

Thanks
All DSDTs in database are for any supported CPU.

I see. Thank you very much

I'm not totally up on DSDT's, but according to this thread over at insanely mac http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=9b8de7cf5c9a534525d1a8101d76307c&showtopic=220199 that DSDT's can be optimized to have your system run faster. There are a couple posted on that thread that people say they get better geekbench scores and stuff. Is this correct that they can be somehow optimized for faster performance? Are the one's posted here optimized like this if that is true? Thanks for any help.

Hi Tony,

I followed your guide, but I can not install the
UserDSDT in MultiBeast.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back