Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro 2010 Install Guide

freejack said:
shooteagle said:
i know how to change to 22x, is 160 the FSB? where's that? what's your temp like?

you need to change the BCLK Frequency in the bios.

idles around 42C. at max load goes up to around 55.

Btw, in my previous post I claimed to get geekbench scores of close to 13,000. I ran it again. It's actually just around 12,100. Must've remembered incorrectly.

hi,
your model video is?
xfx radeon hd 5770

ref, link?

thanks

Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

jpa said:
macman,

The video card 5770 or 5750, support hdmi in snow leopard? functional???

thanks...

this. I've heard or sucess through hdmi on 5770 on insanely mac but some people were having trouble i'm also curious in the result of macmans work. Can anyone besides macman vouch they have fully working hdmi (full res / audio)

freejack: I wonder whats different, I got almost the same setup as you, got corsair memory instead and my geekbench score is around 8700.
You run 32 or 64bit geekbench?

Hey guys, will this offical guide line will work on X58A-UD3R F5 (I think rev. 1.0) ?
Cuz everyhtime im re-installing mac osx SL and install multibeast than every time I try to load SL without iBoot I get a black screen (Also Audio doesn't work when booting with iBoot)

You using an 5850 card?
Have you followed the steps here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4603 ?

Network and sound dont work then you boot from iBoot cd, and memory is max only 4GB.

svar said:
You using an 5850 card?
Have you followed the steps here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4603 ?

Network and sound dont work then you boot from iBoot cd, and memory is max only 4GB.

Well, Connection to my modem does work as I'm able to access the internet even when booting with iBoot.
Yes, I have ATI Raedon 5850, after multibeast installation, instead of OSX loading from HD it goes into black screen (I had it also when tries iBoot that didn't support ATI 5xxx)

my question is also if I need specific BIOS version or just try my luck again with fresh install? (using the guide that you gave me)?

:?: What's the difference it Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FA DSDT and the between Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FB DSDT?

Chili said:
:?: What's the difference it Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FA DSDT and the between Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FB DSDT?
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FA DSDT is for BIOS version FA
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FB DSDT is for BIOS version FB

freejack said:
shooteagle said:
i know how to change to 22x, is 160 the FSB? where's that? what's your temp like?

you need to change the BCLK Frequency in the bios.

idles around 42C. at max load goes up to around 55.

Btw, in my previous post I claimed to get geekbench scores of close to 13,000. I ran it again. It's actually just around 12,100. Must've remembered incorrectly.

I'm getting ~48C at idle and 90 when max under prime using stock cpu cooler. are you using stock? if not what cooler

shooteagle said:
I'm getting ~48C at idle and 90 when max under prime using stock cpu cooler. are you using stock? if not what cooler

zalman cnps 10x quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back