Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

There would be everything properly, but is a trouble of mine, the memory are not correct.
About This Mac and System Profiler shows the real state (6Gb RAM), but the Activity monitor shows bad data (2Gb RAM). The system uses only 2Gb memories(!).
What may be the problem?

Hardware Overview:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R LGA1366 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-930 OEM
Scythe Mugen 2
G.Skill 3x2Gb DDR3 6144MB / 1600 KIT (6GBNQ)
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Sony Optiarc Black
Gigabyte 720W SuperB GE-P610A-C2

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 0.39.52.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 0.39.52.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 13.59.32.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 13.59.32.png
    125.3 KB · Views: 142

Another success here! Took about 8 hours last night from building my computer to running os x (including 1 hour to get a flash drive to be recognized by the bios to update the bios). Followed the guide exactly (the one exception is that I did not install the ethernet driver on install, but installed lnx2mac's new ethernet driver afterwards) and it worked perfectly! As far as I can tell, my hardware is all recognized and everything is smooth, including sleep and wake from sleep... (though I do have the occasional KP on shutdown... no biggie). Perhaps problems will emerge, but for now, i'm pumped! Thanks for all the hard work here.

my system:

i7-930 2.83 GHz
GA-X58A-UD3R rev2.0 FB
ATI Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850 1GB
OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Seasonic x650 650W PSU
Lian Li PC-B25F
Corsair H50 cooler
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD with light scribe
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD
Spinpoint F3 1TB

Hey Guys,

I hate my first post to be a request for help but here it is. I followed the guide and booted up fine but had no ethernet. I took the words "As long as you rebuild caches and repair permissions after you're done, you can do just about anything you want to /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions" too literally I think and deleted everything in those folders before rebuilding caches.

Upon restart I got a blank screen after the iBoot selector. Upon restarting again, I could still get to the iBoot screen using the iBoot CD but no matter the selection I make, I only get the screenshot below telling me to reboot. I even tried starting without the hard drive and I still get the same message. I restored the bios settings, re-entered correct settings, and get the same result.

Anyone have any suggestions? Happy to provide more information if needed.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    521.2 KB · Views: 116
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 120

Chili said:
There would be everything properly, but is a trouble of mine, the memory are not correct.
About This Mac and System Profiler shows the real state (6Gb RAM), but the Activity monitor shows bad data (2Gb RAM). The system uses only 2Gb memories(!).
What may be the problem?

I reinstall the system, and the same trouble. Very little the memory. :evil:
Any idea?

Chili said:
Chili said:
What may be the problem?

Any idea?
What rev of the motherboard and what BIOS version?
Are you using a DSDT?
Did you install following my guide or some other method?

ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY!!!!!

Im new here so I will tell my story. Im a film editor and I didnt really believed this could be an option for me but since prices get higher everyday, i decided to give it a chance. I found tonymacx86 guides and forums and I bought everything on the list for the Custom Mac Aug 2010. Everything is the same except for the DVD which I bought a Bluray since I think theres is no problem with that.

So I put everything together and the first thing I saw is that I probably should not have bought the Corsair Powersupply but other with modular entrances, I have lots of unused cables inside my Computer that I didnt like, anyway, I installed everything and follow the first guide of tony. The normal things... BIOS ... ACHI -- 4GB inside in Bays 1 and 3 (The white ones... second and fourth to the right of the processor) and I just connected a Hard disk on the SATA0 and the DVD on the SATA3 port connectors.

Then I followed like about three times different installations with iBoot ATI, iboot ATI 5xxx-2 and so on but the best one was booting with iBoot ATI 5xxx -3. After that I ran the installation with a Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (I dont have the 1.6 only) and everything istalled just fine, I even got the succesfull installation message. Then what i didnt got was the video (I suppose because the video card wasnt ready to display a video) I setup my things and I was on desktop with one monitor and bad resolution.

From there I followed the guide on the forum: Guide Install in Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FA and i7-930 Of course, skipping the whole installation steps that I already have done. Then I saw I had everything working fine, usbs, sound, ethernet, sleep, everything, except for the card ATI 5770. So I made some research and I found the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7or0nAJEO0 there on description there is a link to the file 32.bit and then I just followed the video instructions and copied the contents with help of the Kext Helper. When it was done it said: "Everything went fine, now cross your fingers and restart" so I did and voila!!! I have a new computer!!

I have some questions now like, if I can install the graphics update or not since the first time I did i got KP and what about the Security updates, can I install those??
I also will see if i can get my memory to be recognized as 1600 but i dont know if its possible since the MOBO says it doesnt support it. Lets see.

Thank you very much to tony and everyone that helped to make all the work here!!

My system:
i7-930 2.83 GHz
GA-X58A-UD3R rev2.0 FA
ATI Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 (Batmobil model)
OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz (Gold LV)
Corsair TX 850-Watt
Corsair H50 cooler
LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Burner
Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB
Midi ATX Tower Fractal Design R3

MacMan said:
Chili said:
Chili said:
What may be the problem?

Any idea?

What rev of the motherboard and what BIOS version?
Are you using a DSDT?
Did you install following my guide or some other method?

Hi Macman!

Rev 2.0 and FA bios.
Yes, yousing DSDT from database.
I follow the Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide, without old realtek driver, and install the new realtek kext.

Chili said:
Hi Macman!

Rev 2.0 and FA bios.
I follow the Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide, without old realtek driver, and install the new realtek kext.
Upgrade to FB as it Enhance CPU, DDR, PCIex16/x8 compatibility,

MacMan said:
Chili said:
Hi Macman!

Rev 2.0 and FA bios.

Ok and after the bios upgrade, run the Multibeast with FB DSDT?

Chili said:
MacMan said:
Chili said:
Hi Macman!

Rev 2.0 and FA bios.

Ok and after the bios upgrade, run the Multibeast with FB DSDT?
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back