Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate94 said:
yurez54 said:
Hello! Thank you Tony for all that he does!
Thanks to all who helped as well!
Thank you for your personal kit for MacMini
I installed with Lion partition on my hard drive.
Everything works, but there are artifacts from the video.
Are there any guaranteed ways to solve this problem?
And sorry for bad English. I'm from Russia)

Try to install only Lion, not SL-->Lion. For someone it works. Otherwise deal with it. :oops:

Thank you for your reply! But unfortunately, I did put.
The only other car on the lift (DP55WG).
All installed, then ran to H67N

gstarraw96 said:
hi everybody,

now i bought these three things:
CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 with Intel HD 3000 Graphics
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
RAM: CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

installed snow leopard 10.6.3 from Mac OS X Retail DVD without any problems.
but ethernet does not work.
updated to 10.6.7 with combo update (downloaded on another pc) without any problems.
but ethernet still does not work.
i tried MultiBeast 3.9.0: Snow Leopard Edition, selected "easy beast", "system utilities" and in "kext and bootloaders" only the one network kext for gigabyte boards.
after rebooting ethernet does not work.
i tried multibeast only selected system utilities and the gigabyte network kext with no success.
i tried other combinations too but always without success.

one time a window appeared when i was installing something on multibeast. it told me to add a new network, but when i tried it out the window crashed and asked me to send the problem to apple?

where is my mistake?

can anybody help me, i do not have further ideas.

thank you very much

Hello, macfuns!
I think I found a solution to problems with video artifacts.
I do not consider it necessary to buy memory that Tony recommended.

I installed the Samsung 2GB 1R8 P3-10600 (m378b5773d0-CH9).
During installation it is on this machine had hung even with updates.
After some thought, I set the time-tested memory on my main computer.

Manufacturer: Kingston
Stock Number: 9905403-083.A00LF
Serial Number: D21F525E

All the problems and artifacts have disappeared. The system is stable.
Perhaps many of you are experiencing the same problems due to memory.
Tomorrow will order another memory.

Have fun!I will test!

+update
UPS!!! In a iPhoto once came! ****!

gstarraw96 said:
gstarraw96 said:
hi everybody,

updated to 10.6.7 with combo update (downloaded on another pc) without any problems.
i tried MultiBeast 3.9.0: Snow Leopard Edition, selected "easy beast", "system utilities" and in "kext and bootloaders" only the one network kext for gigabyte boards.
i tried multibeast only selected system utilities and the gigabyte network kext with no success.

one time a window appeared when i was installing something on multibeast. it told me to add a new network, but when i tried it out the window crashed and asked me to send the problem to apple?

where is my mistake?

thank you very much

About a few pages ahead there's about Gordo74's installation guide. Check it.

Do you get better graphics performance adding one of the optional cards or is it just for more display port options?

Thanks

Mate94 said:
gstarraw96 said:
gstarraw96 said:
hi everybody,

where is my mistake?

thank you very much

About a few pages ahead there's about Gordo74's installation guide. Check it.

I am in this same situation. I would love to follow Gordo's guide, as is suggested when this problem occurs many times in the thread (I've read the entire thread), but I have no other mac to download the Lion install from. I am on 10.6.6 and have installed and tried to use the official Realtek driver, then I also went through the same steps with the Lnx2Mac driver, which didn't work either. My ethernet does not work, and I can't move on to Lion because I can't download it and don't have access to another Mac. My hardware is exactly as the build specifies.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

gstarraw96 said:
I am in this same situation. I would love to follow Gordo's guide, as is suggested when this problem occurs many times in the thread (I've read the entire thread), but I have no other mac to download the Lion install from. I am on 10.6.6 and have installed and tried to use the official Realtek driver, then I also went through the same steps with the Lnx2Mac driver, which didn't work either. My ethernet does not work, and I can't move on to Lion because I can't download it and don't have access to another Mac. My hardware is exactly as the build specifies.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'm with ya'. Are you able to boot into 10.6.6 from the hard drive? If so, what MB options did you choose? I can only boot using iboot. The only time I get ethernet is after a new install of SL.

If I use a standalone GPU and not the HD3000 do I still have to use Lion? I'd rather use SL because Lion sounds buggy and I won't be able to use a lot of the software I have. If this build requires Lion, can I do a clean install or do I have to do the 10.6 plus the Lion upgrade?

I am about to purchase parts for this build, but I need to know.

The motherboard suggested has SATA6. Is this supported yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back