Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate94 said:
That Guy said:
Hello n00b alert :lol:

Before ordering the hardware just have a few questions:

One:
In the second post it says about USB Freeze when waking with the Keyboard, how is this fixed? Do you have to restart the computer to get USB Ports working again?

Two:
I have a 500gb Maxtor IDE Hard Drive, can I use this or does it need to be a SATA drive? or certain brand?

Three:
Can I use a HDMI to VGA Converter like the one linked below as I have a 19" LCD Monitor that only has VGA:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-1-8m-VGA- ... 557wt_1344

Four:
Is there any other known problems? I will only be using for Internet, basic web design and watching movies from the computer on my TV via HDMI.

Thanks in Advance :)

1. Maybe when tony mind it, and try to solve it. The USB freeze means you have to unplug/plug the all USB device...maybe. But don't be lazy to push the Off/On button. :problem:
2. Only SATA HDD's.
3. By tony, from the previous page: " We're working on a new kext solution to enable the VGA port on the H67N. It will be added to MultiBeast when finished. " You can use the HDMI-VGA, but this is a Hackintosh, so everything can happen. ;)
4. Read the topic from top to end, and you'll up to date with the problems. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the quick reply, will an IDE DVDRW drive work or does that have to be SATA too? am I right in thinking IDE will not work at all? (just trying to save money)

matelot said:
gspro
Try upgrading to 10.6.6 first to see if it's working. Maybe you can upgrade to Lion from there.
Thanks. Same result.
boot gives a grey apple screen with no spinner
and -x -v -f and -v all give a black screen after booting.
-x GraphicsEnabler=either yes or no gives the apple screen with no spinner.

That Guy said:
Mate94 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-1-8m-VGA- ... 557wt_1344[/url]

Four:
Is there any other known problems? I will only be using for Internet, basic web design and watching movies from the computer on my TV via HDMI.

1. Maybe when tony mind it, and try to solve it. The USB freeze means you have to unplug/plug the all USB device...maybe. But don't be lazy to push the Off/On button. :problem:
2. Only SATA HDD's.
3. By tony, from the previous page: " We're working on a new kext solution to enable the VGA port on the H67N. It will be added to MultiBeast when finished. " You can use the HDMI-VGA, but this is a Hackintosh, so everything can happen. ;)
4. Read the topic from top to end, and you'll up to date with the problems. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the quick reply, will an IDE DVDRW drive work or does that have to be SATA too? am I right in thinking IDE will not work at all? (just trying to save money)

Thanks in Advance :)[/quote:1ubnpb93]

IDE DVD burners working, but can cause issues. Exp: Sleep didn't work.

Mate94 said:

OK will get a SATA one :)

I'm guessing it shouldn't matter what brand DVDRW drive I pick?

That Guy said:
Mate94 said:

OK will get a SATA one :)

I'm guessing it shouldn't matter what brand DVDRW drive I pick?

Sony Optiarc 72XX

gspro said:
matelot said:
gspro
Try upgrading to 10.6.6 first to see if it's working. Maybe you can upgrade to Lion from there.
Thanks. Same result.
boot gives a grey apple screen with no spinner
and -x -v -f and -v all give a black screen after booting.
-x GraphicsEnabler=either yes or no gives the apple screen with no spinner.
Will the retail Lion usb key work with Gordo's method?

Hi there I'm currently building this hackintosh but it seems a lot of people can't use Ethernet how do I enable Ethernet in snow leopard and lion thanks :)

Everything is working except that I have white lines showing up here and there. If you are going to build for a media PC , it may be annoying to see on your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back