Contribute
Register

OC: Failed to load configuration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make things easier to start with, use the OpenCore Configurator app. Load your config.plist and then make the necessary changes there.

Some people do not like the app but it is great for beginners because you can see how things relate to each other.

There is a "sample.plist" in the OpenCore distribution you can open with the app to get a feel for how you should do things.

:)

i did do my bios
Post your EFI folder so we can look at it, this back and forth with nothing of any use to be able to help gets us no where fast. That thing you use to edit the file is what put the garbage in there I found in the first instance, why the HFSPlus.efi was ever listed in the tools section was beyond me and the entries for loading the drivers were missing the paths to load them another fatal error.

Do you have the means to create an installer USB using the windows that was posted earlier?

Edit: It must be a GPT partitioned disk which hopefully the installer process takes care of. Once done you put the EFI folder in its EFI partiton on the installer disk/usb stick then boot it, using the EFI option for the drive in your boot menu. Once we get these steps done then we get to see if the folder will boot the installer and you get to install on one of your internal drives. If not the then error can be posted for us to check. Oh and use the latest version of the OpenCore the version 0.7.6 so we all know what is used, in fact I will make certain of it when looking at the folder before I upload it again.

Post your EFI folder so we can look at it, this back and forth with nothing of any use to be able to help gets us no where fast. That thing you use to edit the file is what put the garbage in there I found in the first instance, why the HFSPlus.efi was ever listed in the tools section was beyond me and the entries for loading the drivers were missing the paths to load them another fatal error.

Do you have the means to create an installer USB using the windows that was posted earlier?

Edit: It must be a GPT partitioned disk which hopefully the installer process takes care of. Once done you put the EFI folder in its EFI partiton on the installer disk/usb stick then boot it, using the EFI option for the drive in your boot menu. Once we get these steps done then we get to see if the folder will boot the installer and you get to install on one of your internal drives. If not the then error can be posted for us to check. Oh and use the latest version of the OpenCore the version 0.7.6 so we all know what is used, in fact I will make certain of it when looking at the folder before I upload it again.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
To make things easier to start with, use the OpenCore Configurator app. Load your config.plist and then make the necessary changes there.

Some people do not like the app but it is great for beginners because you can see how things relate to each other.

There is a "sample.plist" in the OpenCore distribution you can open with the app to get a feel for how you should do things.

:)

@UtterDisbelief - from what I've been able to infer, I don't think he has access to a computer with MacOS.

@UtterDisbelief - from what I've been able to infer, I don't think he has access to a computer with MacOS.

My bad. I saw references to ProperTree and forgot it is cross-platform. :thumbup:

Sadly then, there's no easy option but to read and learn and follow guides. Then use a decent plain-text editor you know your way around.

That .rar file is useless it gives an error in Pathfinder when trying to expand it and BetterZip will not even open it. If there is supposed to be anything more than a BOOT directory in it then it does not survive Pathfinders attempt to expand it before the error. Go with a .zip those work fine.

That .rar file is useless it gives an error in Pathfinder when trying to expand it and BetterZip will not even open it. If there is supposed to be anything more than a BOOT directory in it then it does not survive Pathfinders attempt to expand it before the error. Go with a .zip those work fine.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Okay, then open your config,plist in a plain text editor and search for OpenRuntime.efi. Once you have located it add the extra code as detailed in post #43 as a new section. You should see how similar it is. Then save etc. :thumbup:

Okay, then open your config,plist in a plain text editor and search for OpenRuntime.efi. Once you have located it add the extra code as detailed in post #43 as a new section. You should see how similar it is. Then save etc. :thumbup:
under it

where should i put the code

Attachments

• zmasd.png
    zmasd.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back