Contribute
Register

OC 0.6.7 macOS Big Sur 11.2 Battery Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that looks a lot better for the USB Configuration.

Have you tried using Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager.kext, to see if it makes any difference. Copy attached below.

If the (EmbeddedControl) battery entries are all 8bit in the DSDT, this kext should work just as well as the SMC version.
So replacing SMCBatteryManager with ACPIBatteryManager DID improve the battery time. It was able to slightly flatten the battery graph in activity monitor. Still though, it is loosing battery at a rapid pace even when idle. It also occurred to me that I test my sleep and it transpired the laptop is sleeping for 1 sec and then just wakes up (with screen off) for like 10 seconds. Then it sleeps again for 1 second and then wakes up this cycle continues.

I believe this has something to do with battery drain. My output from pmset -g assertions gives this. Can you please help me locating what is causing trouble here?

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 9.26.39 PM.png

Try using these Terminal commands:

sudo pmset -g

2 Disable Hibernation:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

3 Disable other hibernation options:

sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
  • The first command will show you the Power Management settings.
  • The second set of commands will set the Hibernation mode to 0, remove the Sleep image and create a directory named sleep image.
  • The third set of commands will disable two other power management settings, which may help.
If you have problems with Hibernate Mode =0, you can try others such as 3, 25 and 29 which other people have found to work with their systems. You just need to change the 0 to whichever mode you wish to try.

The 'Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB' line in the image above is referring to a USB power/wake call. You may need to look at how your USB port for the Webcam connection is configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back