Contribute
Register

NZXT Cam Software and OSX support

Would you buy a NZXT watercooler if there was OSX Support?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I downloaded it and I can adjust the speed – but the cooler (Kraken X62) always jumps back to full speed after 10 seconds. Is there a fix for this?
That's interesting, someone else had a similar problem. Do you also have Windows installed on this machine? This does not happen to me.

I could add something that would tell it every 10 seconds to switch to the selected speed, but it sounds extremely inefficient to me.

That's interesting, someone else had a similar problem. Do you also have Windows installed on this machine? This does not happen to me.

I could add something that would tell it every 10 seconds to switch to the selected speed, but it sounds extremely inefficient to me.
No, only macOS, no Windows on this machine. The Kraken X62 is connected as described in the manual: Fans connected to the cooler, cooler connected to internal USB 2.0 port of the motherboard and to CPU_FAN header. Is there any more information I can give to help finding out why this is?

No, only macOS, no Windows on this machine. The Kraken X62 is connected as described in the manual: Fans connected to the cooler, cooler connected to internal USB 2.0 port of the motherboard and to CPU_FAN header. Is there any more information I can give to help finding out why this is?
This is just a guess, but I have Windows installed on the machine as well, so I upgraded it to the latest firmware and loaded some settings. Maybe yours is running on some sort of default mode. Do you have a Windows machine?

They don't really have any documentation so I'm coding after some examples I found for Linux. I'll see if I can find anything else.

I have solved the whole thing now by connecting the pump to the pump header of the motherboard, first Kraken fan to CPU fan header, second Kraken fan to CPU Opt header. Case fans to System fan headers. USB can still remain connected (though I think it’s only needed for the light). Now I can control all fans in the BIOS and the machine is dead silent. The pump is the only thing that cannot be controlled this way and is always running at max, but that’s quite fine and you don’t hear it anyway.

Now I can control all fans in the BIOS and the machine is dead silent.

Hey Jim, I have a setup very similar to yours (X62 + i9900k + Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO), and I have configured fans on the same headers as you, trying to obtain the desired dead silence, but the two Kraken fans are still a bit loud to me, even if I sed "Silent" mode for them both. How did you configure them from bios?

How did you configure them from bios?
I found "Silent" still too loud, too. I see no reason why they should be running that high on such low temperatures. I have set all fans to manual mode, like this:

Hi @gabrielrinaldi,

Just found your nice little app. I have the same issue, where after a few second pump and fan start to ramp up again.
Also seems the app loses full functionality after the PC returns from sleep.
I don't have Win or anything installed.

BR
Marc

Hi @gabrielrinaldi,

Just found your nice little app. I have the same issue, where after a few second pump and fan start to ramp up again.
Also seems the app loses full functionality after the PC returns from sleep.
I don't have Win or anything installed.

BR
Marc

@JimSalabim @marciii do you guys have USBInjectAll? Or did you map the USB ports? I am trying to find out why it works for me and not you :)

Yes! Using USBInjectAll.
Maybe I haven't looked at your Xcode files yet, but I might have some time later to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back