Contribute
Register

NZXT Cam Software and OSX support

Would you buy a NZXT watercooler if there was OSX Support?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what his issue is, maybe it's mobo related.

I have a Kraken X62 and an i7 8700K OC'd to 5ghz and I just jump into windows and set my fan curve then restart and they stay the same. I dont know its always the way its worked. Even my RGB lights in my case stay the same. Maybe its the new chipset and the Z370 MB doing the work here?

This will never happen. What's the point? You can't put NZXT hardware in a real mac, and they wouldn't make it for a minority group that legally shouldn't exist. Just saying.

I updated a script (for Linux originally) to work on a Mac: https://github.com/gabrielrinaldi/camctl

This allows you to read temperature, fan and pump speed as well as set fan and pump speed.

Hey thanks for that script.
Working pretty nicely.

Although i CAN log into a Windows instance and set the fan/pump and lighting parameters... i find when the power goes out for a short time (doesn't happen often) the settings and light configs are cleared. Then my system tends to run hotter UNLESS i go back into Windows to tweak the parameters. This is why i'd like NZXT to release basic mac os software.

In any case, your script will help now.

I updated a script (for Linux originally) to work on a Mac: https://github.com/gabrielrinaldi/camctl

This allows you to read temperature, fan and pump speed as well as set fan and pump speed.

I'm one of those guys that just installed a KRAKEN X62. Works fine under Windows 10, but not when running Windows 10 under Parallels (I was hoping to control it by running Windows 10 in the background).
So I had a look at your script (thanks for sharing :)) to see if that could help me out. Indeed I can set and readout both fan and pump speed. In my case though it does so for about 10 s and then switches back to the 'default' Is that intended, or did I miss something?

@peter.vandersman that is weird, definitely not intended :) what is command you are running and the output?

@peter.vandersman that is weird, definitely not intended :) what is command you are running and the output?
Peters-iMac:~ petervandersman$ sudo camctl -f 100

Detaching kernel driver..

Setting fan speed to 100..

Temperature: 24.4ºC

Fan: 965 RPM

Pump: 2064 RPM

Reattaching kernel driver..

Peters-iMac:~ petervandersman$

Anyone,

Is there a way to log say the HWmonitor results to a file (much like with Intel's Power Gadget)?
The reason for asking is to see how efficient the Kraken X62 cooler is im my current setup with the fans 'pushing' the air through the cooler. I'd like to use the data in an attempt to model the X62 performance.

Even though I have no control over pump and fan speed (these are fixed), it seems to do a decent job. I have been running a heavy duty job with on average spending 65 W in the CPU cores, with the package running at 4.4 GHz over a period of almost 2 hrs.
Steady state values under load (Average about 80%):
  • CPU package total power: 76 W
  • CPU package temperature: 59
  • CPU heatsink: 53
  • Ambient air temperature: 20.4
  • Cooler output air temperature: 34.7
  • fan RPM: 650
  • pump RPM: 2320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back