Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Driver Clover Patch + Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have acceleration maybe remove the panel. It's only really useful on cards with ECC or when the card is also natively supported. Likewise with updates, it only notifies you after you upgrade so presumably you'd be checking for updates some other way (e.g. on tonymacx86) before starting software update. You can choose to enable the 'default macos drivers' i.e. no drivers in the Clover menu at boot. At boot press space for the entry menu, uncheck the nvidia option.

I can confirm that updating in this way not enable the Web Drivers. Photoshop crashes, Rendering with Premiere is slowly and the fan is not spinning.

I can confirm that in my case updating with this method doesn't enable the Web Drivers properly. Photoshop crashes, Rendering with Premiere is slowly and the fan is not spinning.
Here is proof of 106 kexts being loaded with the Clover patch and working Photoshop, despite what NVIDIA Driver Manager says
proof.jpg

I can confirm that updating in this way not enable the Web Drivers. Photoshop crashes, Rendering with Premiere is slowly and the fan is not spinning.
It's more likely due to something else like installing with SIP enabled - unless you run your system all the time like that its probably not a good idea. Have you disabled SIP and rebuilt caches with
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

EDIT:i reinstalled and its all ok¡¡¡¡only one thing,in control panel Nvidia the graphics drivers its marked in Default macOS Graphics Driver....and its not posible mark in Nvidia Web Driver....its correct?Thx¡¡
Updated post#1 with some suggestions, see the notes and attachments.

Reactions: Api

Sorry for my previous words @vulgo, I can say now that the drivers finally works just like the last time with fan spinning and all the rest. There is something that break the drivers if the procedure is not correct because I tried it just like 3-4 times.
I explain the procedure done by me maybe I will help someone.
  1. Added Kext Patch in Clover Configurator from here Clover kext patch for Nvidia Web Drivers
  2. Checked nvda_drv=1 under Boot in Clover Configurator
  3. Checked CsrActiveConfig=0x67 under RT Variables in Clover Configurator
  4. Reboot
  5. Uninstalled drivers with webdriver -r in terminal after installing webdriver for homebrew https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh
  6. Reboot
  7. Uninstalled the nVidia Driver Manager clicking on Open Uninstaller... from the icon on status bar (just like uninstalling drivers from Driver Manager's GUI), this removed the nVidia Driver Manager.
  8. Updated caches sudo kextcache -i /
  9. Reboot
  10. Installed .106 drivers from terminal selecting them with webdriver -l.
  11. Shut down
  12. Insert the VGA
  13. Turn on, everything works fine and Driver Manager is not installed so you anyone will see the confusing messages.
Thanks, @vulgo.

Schermata_2018_02_25_alle_12_42_07.png

One more thing... When using native NVRAM, NvidiaWeb is not necessary. We can use nvda_drv=1 like on a real Mac. You can set this in config.plist or set it in NVRAM:
Code:
sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

One more thing... When using native NVRAM, NvidiaWeb is not necessary. We can use nvda_drv=1 like on a real Mac. You can set this in config.plist or set it in NVRAM:
Code:
sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1"
That might create more problems than it solves, as Clover is really keen in using NvidiaWeb. Setting it to false or deleting the value seems to supersede other settings. At least that's my impression after trying it on 10.13.4. The web kexts were not loaded without NvidiaWeb set to true, either with nvda_drv=1 or nvda_drv=1%00
Does it work for you? What are the exact settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back