Not open for further replies.
Thanks, and sudo is not needed. So it's
Code:
pkgutil --expand WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.pkg ./106
cd 106
sed -i '' 's/(result != 0)/(false)/g' Distribution
cd ..
pkgutil --flatten 106 106.pkg
Wrapped it in an apple script, opens a file chooser or just drop the package on it.

Attachments

• repackager.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 220
Great, thank you! I was working on a more graphical version (choose file with prompt "Please select WebDriver pkg:" of type {"pkg"}), but yours works flawlessly.

Clover Configurator can add the patch, just back up your config.plist before opening it with the app.

1 Choose 'Kernel and Kext Patches'
2 'KextsToPatch'
3 Press the 'Add' + button to create an empty row
4-7 Paste the data below into the first four columns

NVDAStartupWeb
4e56444152657175697265644f5300
NVDAStartupWeb

View attachment 314743

Edit: The image shows NVDAStartup, the correct name is NVDAStartupWeb

hello i aplied the patch on clover a repacked webdriver and install .106 but when i reboot i have black display...any solution??thx

EDIT:i reinstalled and its all ok¡¡¡¡only one thing,in control panel Nvidia the graphics drivers its marked in Default macOS Graphics Driver....and its not posible mark in Nvidia Web Driver....its correct?Thx¡¡

Last edited:
EDIT:i reinstalled and its all ok¡¡¡¡only one thing,in control panel Nvidia the graphics drivers its marked in Default macOS Graphics Driver....and its not posible mark in Nvidia Web Driver....its correct?Thx¡¡
The repackager is very good, but should be used only in specific cases (ex. no internet connection). You should use webdriver.sh, as it was updated to check for the Clover patch.
Back to your question, the NVIDIA preference panel has no effect on loading the webdriver. You can even delete it, along with com.nvidia.nvagent.plist from /Library/LaunchAgents.

Installation successful with Clover Patch + Homebrew + WebDriver but:

Schermata_2018_02_23_alle_14_47_59.png

Is that normal? I'm noticing also that the fan on my card is not spinning, it spinned always after last time I "updated" to .106 with webdriver.sh also without this notice (screenshot).

Is that normal? I'm noticing also that the fan on my card is not spinning, it spinned always after last time I "updated" to .106 with webdriver.sh also without this notice (screenshot).

If you have acceleration maybe remove the panel. It's only really useful on cards with ECC or when the card is also natively supported. Likewise with updates, it only notifies you after you upgrade so presumably you'd be checking for updates some other way (e.g. on tonymacx86) before starting software update. You can choose to enable the 'default macos drivers' i.e. no drivers in the Clover menu at boot. At boot press space for the entry menu, uncheck the nvidia option.

If you have acceleration maybe remove the panel. It's only really useful on cards with ECC or when the card is also natively supported. Likewise with updates, it only notifies you after you upgrade so presumably you'd be checking for updates some other way (e.g. on tonymacx86) before starting software update. You can choose to enable the 'default macos drivers' i.e. no drivers in the Clover menu at boot. At boot press space for the entry menu, uncheck the nvidia option.

I can confirm that in my case updating with this method doesn't enable the Web Drivers properly. Photoshop crashes, Rendering with Premiere is slowly and the fan is not spinning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back