Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.5 (313.01.03f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 9.17.57 AM.png

NVIDIA has updated their alternate graphics drivers for OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5. These are separate from the drivers Apple ships as standard, and should be considered experimental. If you've installed the drivers before you can update from System Preferences.

NVIDIA Web Driver 313.01.03f01
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f01-driver.html

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 10.06.48 PM.png

How to Install the Web Drivers:
In order to flag the alternate drivers on a CustoMac, you must install the package and also add the flag manually to the chameleon.org.Boot.plist. For Chimera bootloader:

1. Open Finder
2. Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
3. Open in TextEdit
4. Add nvda_drv=1 to Kernel Flags as shown:

Example Usage:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

5. Save and reboot

You should be on the new NVIDIA drivers. :)

Related:
NVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.4 (313.01.02f01)
NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Please note that these drivers should be considered experimental. If you aren't having any issues, do not install- the native OS X drivers work great for most people.

Had a problem with my GA-X79S-UP5
Could not boot with the web drivers installed. Had to manually delete the /Library/Application Support/Nvidia folder in single mode to be able to boot again. All I got with the NVIDIA drivers was a blank screen after verbose.
I am using a GTX 660 TI SC 3TB.

For me OS X 10.8.5 will only boot into its built-in drivers, not the nVidia web-driver.

The preference pane confirms this.

No other issues on booting.

For me OS X 10.8.5 will only boot into its built-in drivers, not the nVidia web-driver.

The preference pane confirms this.

Have you entered the boot parameter as described in the first post? The system pref pane button has no effect on a hackintosh, as there is no PRAM to write to. It could be that if the card is not recognized, the driver might not load, but check the boot parameter first.

stupid question: works with all nvidia cards? i see in infos there are only 6 different cards, and the OP of the thread has the 660, not the 680, so, are you sure these drivers works with other cards?

perfect explanation (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back