Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've got a problem with the driver, I have followed the guide, but once I reboot the system, when the OS is loading, it suddenly reboots.
  • Cpu I7 4790K
  • Mobo MSI Gaming 3
  • Gpu Gigabyte 980 GTX G1
  • RAM GSkill 16 GB

I mean after rebooting.

Is your bios at defaults?

image.jpeg

To install the webdriver, first I install it, without restarting the pc, and then I have followed this steps:

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code (Text):
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

I have tried with the Clover Configurator too. But allways after the reboot, the pc start a loop restarting by itself, when the OS load reaches the 50%. Like in the image.

I don't know why the system doesn't detect the graphic card.

Last edited:
Occasional wake from sleep problem with Hackintosh and GTX 670 remains with real Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and GTX 970.

The problem I have on my Mac Pro (Mid 2010) with GTX 970 graphics is that from time to time the computer won't wake properly from sleep in the sense that everything seems to wake up except that video doesn't kick in – the display stays dark. When this happens for me I can still SSH into the system from another computer, but I can't do ”sudo reboot now” because something gets stuck (I get kicked out of the SSH session, so at least the restart attempt goes somewhere). I have to force shut down the computer.

So this is happening on a real Mac Pro but I remember I had the same thing happen when I ran a Hackintosh with GTX 670.

Am I alone with this issue? Seems to me it should happen to everyone using an NVIDIA GPU and Web Driver – Hackintosh or not. At the same time I'm not sure if it is related to the non-Mac-flashed GPU or the Web Driver from NVIDIA. Maybe I should try to put in the GTX 670 (I still have it) and try to run that with the native macOS drivers (since this won't work with the GTX 970) and see if the issue goes away – think I was always using the Web Driver on the Hackintosh when I had the problem.

Forgot to say I'm on Sierra 10.12.3 and NVIDIA Web Driver 367.15.10.35f01

Last edited:
Well... i just changed my gtx 1070 for a gtx 980ti kingpin and OSX Sierra works perfect.

Last edited:
Doing a new install, edited the config.plist and removed nvda_drv=1 and then installed the drivers, now when I boot the loading bar under the Apple logo gets 3/4ths of the way through before turning grey. Then my monitor says "no device found". When I reboot, I can select my SSD at the Clover screen. What do I do to get back into the OS and how do I fix this?

Doing a new install, edited the config.plist and removed nvda_drv=1 and then installed the drivers, now when I boot the loading bar under the Apple logo gets 3/4ths of the way through before turning grey. Then my monitor says "no device found". When I reboot, I can select my SSD at the Clover screen. What do I do to get back into the OS and how do I fix this?
Do you get signal if you set nv_disable=1 ?

What is your system definition? Are you using AGDPFix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back