Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, in sierra is imposible to use "nvda_drv=1" flag, are you using "Nvidiawebdriver=1" in system? (cloverconfigurator)

I had been configuring by hand I can't find Nvidiawebdriver in clover configurator but I do see and have set NvidiaWeb.

Which ketxs are loaded for the kingpin? Can I try to load them by hand, does that work at all?

Edit:
I can hand load GeForceWeb.kext and subsequently the CUDA driver stops saying there isn't a GPU but I can't tell that if it's interrogating hardware or noticing that the driver is loaded. GeForceWeb is eventually unloaded automatically.

Edit:
Installed Windows 10 and ran some benchmarking tools just to make sure the card itself works. It does. I still can't load the drivers

Last edited:
I'm trying to boot to install on X99 with GTX 950, but what flags I need? Every time GPU is going to be initialized, my system reboots with 'no signal'.

Config: Asus RVE, i7-5960X, EVGA GTX 950 SC+

All seems to boot fine, but I don't know how to keep the GPU running. The system reboots with no signal...

Last edited:
I had been configuring by hand I can't find Nvidiawebdriver in clover configurator but I do see and have set NvidiaWeb.

Which ketxs are loaded for the kingpin? Can I try to load them by hand, does that work at all?

Edit:
I can hand load GeForceWeb.kext and subsequently the CUDA driver stops saying there isn't a GPU but I can't tell that if it's interrogating hardware or noticing that the driver is loaded. GeForceWeb is eventually unloaded automatically.

Edit:
Installed Windows 10 and ran some benchmarking tools just to make sure the card itself works. It does. I still can't load the drivers

It /looks/ like I needed to manually add the nvda_drv=1 xml to nvram.plist on my EFI volume.
I'm not sure what is wrong with my EmuVariable setup or if I'm missing some way to configure the behavior.

Once that was done I could see the drivers being loaded and the card from system_profile

Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4095 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x13c0
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.31.00.80
Metal: Supported​

Hi Everyone,

Argh! I just can't figure this out. I feel like I've tried everything, but I just can't get my graphics card to work. I've followed all the instructions in this section, downloaded and installed the WebDrivers for 10.12.3, changed my .plist settings. I've done a fresh Sierra install and tried everything again, but no matter what, my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti always registers as 0 MB, and Sierra never boots with NVIDIA Web Drivers activated, no matter what I do. I'm desperate for some help, as I really need to get this system working! Any help would be much appreciated. Attached is some info about my build, as well as my config.plist. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.53.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.53.14 PM.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.45.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.45.34 PM.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.45.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 6.45.18 PM.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 208
  • config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 244
Hi Everyone,

Argh! I just can't figure this out. I feel like I've tried everything, but I just can't get my graphics card to work. I've followed all the instructions in this section, downloaded and installed the WebDrivers for 10.12.3, changed my .plist settings. I've done a fresh Sierra install and tried everything again, but no matter what, my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti always registers as 0 MB, and Sierra never boots with NVIDIA Web Drivers activated, no matter what I do. I'm desperate for some help, as I really need to get this system working! Any help would be much appreciated. Attached is some info about my build, as well as my config.plist. Thank you so much!

The answer would appear to be that you are not booting from the config.plist that you think you are.
Your config.plist has the Serial number F5KR75W2F694 and yet your 'About this Mac' image shows a generic Serial number.
Your config.plist specifies a MacPro6,1 but your 'About this Mac' image shows an iMac.

The answer would appear to be that you are not booting from the config.plist that you think you are.
Your config.plist has the Serial number F5KR75W2F694 and yet your 'About this Mac' image shows a generic Serial number.
Your config.plist specifies a MacPro6,1 but your 'About this Mac' image shows an iMac.

Thanks! I believe that's probably getting me closer to solving the problem (thank you!), but I've now realized that I actually can't boot from my SSD. I did a fresh reinstall to the SSD just to make sure, and once I got to the point where I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 (because drivers weren't working), it stopped booting. Any suggestions?

Thanks! I believe that's probably getting me closer to solving the problem (thank you!), but I've now realized that I actually can't boot from my SSD. I did a fresh reinstall to the SSD just to make sure, and once I got to the point where I installed EmuVariableUefi-64 (because drivers weren't working), it stopped booting. Any suggestions?
UPDATE - So, I got it working with only one monitor plugged in, but I'd like to use 3 monitors. Is there a way to do this?

UPDATE - So, I got it working with only one monitor plugged in, but I'd like to use 3 monitors. Is there a way to do this?

I have/had my very similar setup working with two monitors Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/) I don't have two or three current monitors to test with. Of note I am using the thunderbolt passthrough for an Apple TB display and my other monitor worked with both directly connected DVI and a DP to DVI adapter.

However, I am using iMac 17,1 instead of MacPro6,1 and a different graphics card.

Cant get a ASUS 1080Ti strip to work or a Titan X (Pascal but not the new pascal)
It just says NO GPU detected in the cud prefeerences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back