Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are certainly due a refreshed iMac line.
You could say that about a lot of Apple stuff. AirPort, Thunderbolt Display, iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iPod, Mac Pro, etc... all Apple cares about is iPhone and MacBook (Pro).

Also, nVidia's certificate of security is expiring soon. (Next year-ish)

I'm having issues loading the NVidiaWeb driver for an EVGA 980 kingpin on 10.12.3
I've tried ADGPfix by hand on a lark but I wasn't seeing the black screen issue.

So far I've tried with and without the onboard graphics
NVidiaWeb is coded into config.plist and shows up under clover boot options.

Seemingly everything else is working so far but I haven't tried anything taxing.

This is my first hackintosh and I'm not sure what the sensible next steps are.

Currently I'm rebuilding with an iMac7,1 type just to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for any pointers

AboutMAc.png CardDetail.png AlwyasReverts.png

I'm having issues loading the NVidiaWeb driver for an EVGA 980 kingpin on 10.12.3
I've tried ADGPfix by hand on a lark but I wasn't seeing the black screen issue.

So far I've tried with and without the onboard graphics
NVidiaWeb is coded into config.plist and shows up under clover boot options.

Seemingly everything else is working so far but I haven't tried anything taxing.

This is my first hackintosh and I'm not sure what the sensible next steps are.

Currently I'm rebuilding with an iMac7,1 type just to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for any pointers

View attachment 241129 View attachment 241130 View attachment 241131

im have the same kingping and works fine.. try with the flag "npci=0x3000" in bloot flags and follow the steps for "problem 6" of this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

my siera got this yesterday first flickering black on the taskbar and then next all desktop going black but after restart back to normal again what could be the problem on this? hehe :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 7.15.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 7.15.33 PM.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 259
im have the same kingping and works fine.. try with the flag "npci=0x3000" in bloot flags and follow the steps for "problem 6" of this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Thank you, After running in circles trying to recover from some of the other attempts I got everything back to a baseline state.
I'm running with iMac17,1 after reading more and seeing that it is the closest match to my system.

I was able to boot once and see the graphics reported as Nvidia Chip but still only 7MB of VRAM, I realized I had forgotten to add npci=0x3000. Since that point with or without npci I have been unable get back to where I was previouslyAND it seems I can no longer boot without nv_disable or in safe mode. Uninstalling and re-installing the driver seem to have helped they still won't load but I can boot without -x or nv_disable=1.

It also looks like nvda_drv=1 isn't being persisted by scripts. Even manually adding it to /nvram.plist it gets removed on boot while other test values are retained.

Thanks again, any other suggestions?

EDIT:
It looks like adding nvda_drv=1 may cause the loop. I tried that as a boot arg and now I'm back to the loop state.

Last edited:
Hmmm, in sierra is imposible to use "nvda_drv=1" flag, are you using "Nvidiawebdriver=1" in system? (cloverconfigurator)

Hmmm, in sierra is imposible to use "nvda_drv=1" flag, are you using "Nvidiawebdriver=1" in system? (cloverconfigurator)

Cycling through options I'm sometimes passing it as a boot arg for completeness even though I have no reason to believe it works.

Also notably setting the NvidiaWeb driver to active sets nvda_drv=1 in nvram; I also see "Adding Key: nvda_drv" in boot.log but it is later stripped from the running nvram.

It looks like nvda_drv as a cause was a red herring.

It seems to work like this:
Install drivers (sets nvda_drv=1 in nvram automatically)
boot (accidentally from install usb with nv_disable=1 set by default)
Check nvram nvda_drv value is cleared; try adding it to boot args just because
boot with nvda_drv=1; reboot loop
boot with nv_disable=1; boots, no drivers loaded
boot; reboot loop
boot -x; boots
boot; reboot loop
boot NvidiaWEB=false; boots
Remove web driver
boot; boots
Install web driver
boot; reboot loop

To summarize:
With the web driver 367.15.10.35f01 I end up in a reboot loop.
I can get out of the loop with either booting with nv_disable=1 or setting NvidiaWeb=No in Gui Injection
Also booting with npci=0x3000 doesn't reboot but it also doesn't load the driver.

Thanks

Cycling through options I'm sometimes passing it as a boot arg for completeness even though I have no reason to believe it works.

Also notably setting the NvidiaWeb driver to active sets nvda_drv=1 in nvram; I also see "Adding Key: nvda_drv" in boot.log but it is later stripped from the running nvram.

It looks like nvda_drv as a cause was a red herring.

It seems to work like this:
Install drivers (sets nvda_drv=1 in nvram automatically)
boot (accidentally from install usb with nv_disable=1 set by default)
Check nvram nvda_drv value is cleared; try adding it to boot args just because
boot with nvda_drv=1; reboot loop
boot with nv_disable=1; boots, no drivers loaded
boot; reboot loop
boot -x; boots
boot; reboot loop
boot NvidiaWEB=false; boots
Remove web driver
boot; boots
Install web driver
boot; reboot loop

To summarize:
With the web driver 367.15.10.35f01 I end up in a reboot loop.
I can get out of the loop with either booting with nv_disable=1 or setting NvidiaWeb=No in Gui Injection
Also booting with npci=0x3000 doesn't reboot but it also doesn't load the driver.

Thanks

Setting nvda_drv=1 in the boot-args can indeed cause problems. The Sierra Web Drivers do put nvda_drv=1 but it is no longer stored in the boot-args variable.

You have a Gigabyte 100 series board, did you setup emulated NVRAM properly? Your board lacks native NVRAM support.

Setting nvda_drv=1 in the boot-args can indeed cause problems. The Sierra Web Drivers do put nvda_drv=1 but it is no longer stored in the boot-args variable.

You have a Gigabyte 100 series board, did you setup emulated NVRAM properly? Your board lacks native NVRAM support.

I'm unsure how to answer that question. I'm using EmuVariable and I do see it loading from nram.plist. I also see nvda_drv being loaded in boot.log but silently dropped post boot so maybe?

To osoglaN I had been configuring by hand I can't find Nvidiawebdriver in clover configurator but I do see and have set NvidiaWeb is there something else I'm missing?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 321
  • clover.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 130

I'm unsure how to answer that question. I'm using EmuVariable and I do see it loading from nram.plist. I also see nvda_drv being loaded in boot.log but silently dropped post boot so maybe?

I also tried installing the CUDA drivers see if they detected the GPU but they also show "No GPU Detected" I don't know if that is a symptom or the problem or an effect of not having the web driver loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back