Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.1 (343.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone.. I have always been using a compatible system definition.

I have never had any trouble getting the drivers installed.

I don't have any real problem at all. I just noticed on my latest install the web driver program does not accurately always reflect the actual loaded driver status. The correct drivers are loaded and I know this for several reaso

1) IOReg tells me the web driver is loaded

2) My GTX970 is loaded, correctly identified and running full with full acceleration.

I do not have any real problem that needs fixing but I am hoping my posts may assist any one else who might have the web driver loaded but the nvidia preference pane still states the default is loaded.

Hey everyone, I recently built a hackintosh for a friend, using a GA Z97X-UD7 TH and an EVGA GTX 970 card. The system is running 10.10.1. Frequent freezes. No wheel of death:beachball:. No idea how to fix it yet.
The problem I am facing right now and that is very important right now is the random graphic glitches that happen. Pictures open cut up and distorted like shown in the images. Also while working on final cut pro the memory ran out completely and the hackintosh had to be restarted (no idea if this is even relevant).

I've done the install of the drivers as recommended in this thread and everything worked well up to the point a random image showed up all distorted.. and then another..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    844 KB · Views: 173
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    716 KB · Views: 188
Thank you for posting this!!! Installing the web driver fixed my graphics issue with my ASUS ROG Poseidon Platinum GTX 780 where, after using MultiBeast, Mac OS X Yosemite is booting and then suddenly the display turns off (or, rather, the monitor shows no signal).

This definitely seems to be a framebuffer related issue specific only to ASUS cards. All cards lose signal after the Apple logo on HDMI. Somebody needs to figure out a way for all of us stuck with ASUS cards.

I'd like to report my findings with this kind of boards. I am testing on Mac OS X 10.10.1 with the 343.01.02 Webdrivers from NVidia for this version of OS X.

First I tried the Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX - GV-N970IXOC-4GD
-Very unstable

-Only some ports work, sometimes and it depends on the combination of screens connected. HDMI port did not work almost never, and never on 4k. Even with a DP to HDMI adaptor I was not able to see anything in 4k.

Then I changed for the Asus GTX 970 STRIX - STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4G

-With only the HDMI cable connected to my Ultra HDTV and it booted right into it. I had some odd resolutions going on 7k (!!) but it worked and once i chose the right resolution on switchresX all the HiDPI modes showed up correctly.

-3840x2160@60Hz over HDMI 2.0 is a total success with this board.

-I can also confirm that the same resolution and frequency work with a DVI to HDMI converter on both DVI ports.

This definitely seems to be a framebuffer related issue specific only to ASUS cards. All cards lose signal after the Apple logo on HDMI. Somebody needs to figure out a way for all of us stuck with ASUS cards.

Correction on my previous post. I can't be sure it is a framebuffer issue.

Toleda and Stork have addressed these issues here and here.

Hi guys I managed to install the drivers successfully but as soon as I pick NVIDIA web driver and restart I get OS X Default Graphics Driver again… any clue how to make it run?
I tried this:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

have this too… tried all Yes and No possibilities but none succeeded to make Web drivers work…

I have no idea what else can I do… btw the graphics actually appears on ECC list as ECC not supported, it is an ASUS gtx 780 DirectCU II OC… the cinebench gets over 108 fps and 148fps on windows8… i'd like to see if I get similar performance with the nvidia drivers :p if not I'll have to stick with default drivers..

thank you

Hi,

I just installed a new Geforce G1 Gaming 970 and did a fresh / clean Yosemite install using user DSDT on GA-X58a-UD3R FB.

I have two problems:
1) No sound whatsoever
2) the video card is not recognised

Here is the the MB config and the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

System profiler says: Graphics: Unknown 2989 MB

Should I try a new clean install?

Thanks!

1) Install latest web driver (if not done already)
2) Turn off plist gfx enabler for GTX970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back