Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.1 (343.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CUDA driver (version 6.5.18) does not work. I get an "Update Required" message in CUDA Preferences, as I've been getting since Mac OSX 10.10 (mavericks was working fine with my GTX680).

There is a brand new CUDA. Go here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

The funny part is that I STILL get the update required message. Not sure what that is all about...

Yes! CUDA driver 6.5.25 works for GTX 970. Still get the update nag, but functionality is there.

I personally don't really need CUDA - I've just been waiting for the update to get rid of the nag and yet the nag remains! Ugh!

There is a brand new CUDA. Go here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

The funny part is that I STILL get the update required message. Not sure what that is all about...

Thanks. For some reason the old version did not offer an available update to 6.5.25 so I did it manually.
The new version worked after a reboot. Actually, I installed, CUDA prefs did not show up a message requiring an update, I then rebooted only to find "update required" message again. I rebooted again with nvda_drv=0 once and I got no message, rebooted for a 3rd time using nvda_drv=1 and everything is fine. I don't know if that helped. CPU-Z does not work but Blender and Adobe Premier do.

Successfully installed a 970 GTX and until now it's working well. Did a normal install with my HD 4600 then after all drivers were installed i downloaded the drivers from nvidia installed them, rebooted, set in the bar the drivers from nvidia as default, shutdown, installed the card in the machine, booted, took print screen.
See below.
Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 2.09.46 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 11.45.53 AM.jpg

CUDA driver (version 6.5.18) does not work. I get an "Update Required" message in CUDA Preferences, as I've been getting since Mac OSX 10.10 (mavericks was working fine with my GTX680).

I disabled the "Update Required" message like this:

1) Installed NVIDIA Webdrivers 343.01.02f01
2) Reboot with <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
3) Installed NVIDIA CUDA 6.5.25 for MAC OS X release
4) Reboot
5) Change NVIDIA Web Driver to OS X Default Graphics Driver (this changes <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string> to <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>)
6) Reboot
7) Change NVIDIA Default Graphics Driver to NVIDIA Web Driver
8) Reboot with <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

This procedure helped me with 10.10.0 (Different NVIDIA & CUDA Drivers) and 10.10.1 with the drivers mentioned in the text above.

thanks man! drivers are working now

Thanks a lot guys! Previous update was working fine but I don't know why Nvidia is now re-checking for system definitions... Be cool guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back