Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.1 (343.01.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for posting this alternate driver. Upgrading my 2009 Mac Pro 4,1 (dual quad core processors @ 2.93 GHz) from the stock GT 120 to an EVGA GTX 750 Ti was effortless with this driver. Here is what I did:

1. Updated from 10.9.5 Mavericks to 10.10 Yosemite and then went through all the Apple updates to 10.10.1
2. Downloaded and installed the web driver linked in this thread
3. Updated to the latest version 343.02.01f01 using NVIDIA Driver Manager
4. Took out the GT 120 and plugged in the new 750 Ti. Done!
(Needless to say, a restart is required after each step)

This is perhaps the most painless update to an aging Mac Pro. No additional cables required as this card does not need the 6-pin connector. Everything works flawlessly (no boot screen of course), including sleep and wake-up. Here is a screenshot of the system report. Thanks again!

GTX 750 Ti Screen Shot.png

Here's the fix for CUDA

The "Update Required" can be eliminated under Cuda 6.5.33 / 10.1.43 (343.02.01f01) - running on a Mac3,1/GTX660Ti - by editing your info.plist file inside

>Library>Frameworks>CUDA.Framework>Versions>A>Reso urces>info.plist (open with TextEdit)

by adding at the end (befor the first </dict> tag)

<key>343.02.01</key>
<string>343.02.01</string>

Than SAVE and Restart your system.

double check if CUDA is running via TERMINAL:
kextstat | grep -i cuda

"Update Required" eliminated.

This should work for all who have the latest (343.02.01) drivers and CUDA (6.5.33) regardless of GPU.

I can't find the file in finder needed to flag the driver. Does anyone know why it might not be there? I looked for the "extras" folder but couldn't find it. Am I not understanding how to navigate to it?:| Help is appreciated.:D

If i buy a gtx 750 will it run ok? or should i just get the 760?

I've got some troubles with latest Nvidia Web drivers on Yosemite 10.10.1 and EVGA GTX 780 and Clover (r3113).
My Smbios is set to Mac Pro 5,1 and i patched AGPM accordingly.

First of all the fan of the GTX 780 goes crasy making the driver unusable. I managed to make it work by flashing my BIOS to a superclocked version under Windows (http://www.trickmasterpc.com/flash-geforce-gtx-780-rom.html).
Booting back to mac the fan problem was solved but.
• I made a Unigine Heaven benchmark and it was pretty low and laggy
• A few days after i come back to my home/office and the fan is going crasy again. I rebooted and got AptioFixDrv error from Clover.

I managed to boot back to Yosemite by removing AptioFixDrv and installing v2 of the uefidriver64.

So my conclusion for mow is to stick with Retail driver and wait for a better future.

PM!

Attachments

• Nvidia_Web.png
    Nvidia_Web.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Retail.png
    Retail.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 225
Look, there are no drivers for 10.10.1. There are only 10.10 drivers on the link in the first message of this thread.

Release date: 2014.10.30
Operating system: Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

What happened to 10.10.1 drivers? I need it so much...

Hello Tony,

Since I am a little behind on the hacktintosh processes.
Can you explain to me how to make the GTX980 work on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH, using Clover ?
I tried what you described on this post, but the NVIDIA installer report an error (as you mentioned).
But I installed the 6.5.37 NVIDIA CUDA driver for OSX.
And, I don't know where to go in Clover to write your lines of code !

Many thanks in advance.

AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back