Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you have it right. Apple has used exclusively AMD for the last 3-4 software versions and Nvidia just doesn’t want to keep up with support. Maybe Nvidia sees no chance of winning any more contracts with Apple and has decided to phase out support for any new software versions. 15,000 users does not justify spending millions on updating web drivers every year, not to mention every month as the .1, .2, .3 versions are released. Since AMD aleady has supply contracts it’s easier for them to update accordingly. They are getting paid to do so whereas Nvidia has to pay out of pocket for each update.
yes I agreed with you but I don't think that the # is just 15,000
many users don't even know about the signing petition, others probably don't even care or while others are just are probably too lazy to subscribe, lol, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if the # is double or triple, I think it will be just like you said, totally not worth the hassle for Nvidia, why worry for 30,000 users when we have 30 millions windows users, but what it bothers me is that Nvidia can come out clean and say this will be the final version of web drivers after this we won't support Mac OS any more and end of the story then we know and we move on, but leave people hanging and making false promises
is no way to threat a costumer, they might come out with web driver but how good are they going to be is questionable, maybe they might be good, the best web drivers ever but maybe they will be the same average performance web drivers we always had, always around 75% of windows performance, at most, probably around 60% lol, the problem that I have is that I really like Nvidia not just for gaming but also for rendering, CUDA is very fast in windows for H.264 and H.265

i know the new AMD card is good but I really don't like the design, I know many here will prefer functionality over looks
(hello there pastrychef) but I really like to have both, I have a clear side panel and everything looking nice and perfectly match brand and colors, if AORUS come out with a RAEDON vii then that's all she wrote for me, I really like Nvidia but I can't stand windows, I tried linux and is just AVG is not that I don't understand it, is actually very simple, I tried many different version, they all have their pros and cons but overall is just the same, it doesn't have the same feeling as Mac OS, this is what saves apple is not really their hardware is their software, one thing is for sure, I can't wait for ever because then my RTX 2080 price will keep dropping, so I can only wait a few more months, so if by 10.15 launch Nvidia don't even have web drivers for Mojave then I'm out, because I'm sure that apple will probably make some more changes to 10.15 then we will have to start all over again and I honestly don't have any more time for that

regards

Last edited:
I got RMA 2080ti for my died 1080ti.
Apparently I'm not gonna able to use it at all in MacOS... I will have to switch to Win10 until drivers are available (if they ever will be available)

I have my 2060 working... sort of. It's stuck in XGA and I'm not even going to try using Preview with it, but I'm up and running and able to get terminal sessions going, which is "usable" to me in the meantime (for the stuff I do) while I get some AMD card in this box and figure out how to run both GPUs successfully, while getting MacOS to default to the AMD.

I have my 2060 working... sort of. It's stuck in XGA and I'm not even going to try using Preview with it, but I'm up and running and able to get terminal sessions going, which is "usable" to me in the meantime (for the stuff I do) while I get some AMD card in this box and figure out how to run both GPUs successfully, while getting MacOS to default to the AMD.
well I been using my RTX 2080 with Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4 for the last week without any issue other than not having acceleration, I was using a Nvidia 740 which is supported on Mojave OOTB but I got tired of swapping cards every time I want to game on windows, I wrote about this some where else, but in that place you can't write about anything because those people just want to hijack the forum, pastrychef knows about this, I couldn't talk to pastrychef there because those users thinks that the forum is an instant messaging system and everything time we try to talk, people just got upset, so I decided to moved on and never went there again, here pastrychef is very well known and respected

back to the topic, when the first version of Mojave came out I couldn't use my RTX without my system freezing every once in a while, so stopped using the card and after I got tired of waiting I decided to get a 740 which is a cheap alternative

but after 10.14.3 , I started testing every version of Mac OS to see if I noticed any improvement and I did , little by little I noticed that the system was actually more responsive without freezing and locking up

I didn't change any setting in clover, I didn't make any changes to the system , I simply clean install every version of Mojave from the first version till 10.14.3 but then 10.14.4 came out

so I decided to also test version 10.14.4 and I find out that my card is working very nice
technically speaking better than ever

yes it doesn't have acceleration but I can still watch youtube videos without freezing, browse the internet etc
of course is not a replacement for a card that has acceleration but what made me write this message was the word that you use " usable" which is absolutely true

soon I will have to change the card, once I finished the game that I'm playing on windows, world war z
but I finally received my pci-e 3.0 16x cable and now my card is on the side position
which it makes it easier to swap cards

I already had a pair of premium cables but they were too long since I moved the card from slot
the new cable is shorter so now everything is setup nicely

yes is shame that these cards are not yet supported , I been wanting to buy a new AMD Raedon vii for the last month
but every time I'm going to pull the trigger I just think, what if Nvidia release the web drivers then what

I know the Raedon vii is a good card so I will not try dust at it
the other reason that is holding me back and I think this one has more weight than the other one
is that AORUS hasn't release a Raedon vii yet, gigabyte did
yes they might be the same but AORUS uses a different logo and I also don't like the design from the gigabyte one

if you check AORUS web site they have many RTX's so I had many to choose from
when I first bought mines a few months ago

that's why I like having a few different designs so I can choose the one I like
not just one if that's all they have
too bad I don't like the gigabyte one, but as right now that's the only one they have
so is no point for me, I have to wait for AORUS to release a Raedon vii with a cool designs or for Nvidia to release the web drivers
whatever happens first

regards

Last edited:
Hi
I upgrade to Mojave from high sierra but Nvidia 1050ti not work.
also I still have on clover the default start is install Mac OS Mojave.
Any way for fix Nvidia working and remove remove Mac OS Mojave install from clover?

Hi
I upgrade to Mojave from high sierra but Nvidia 1050ti not work.
also I still have on clover the default start is install Mac OS Mojave.
Any way for fix Nvidia working and remove remove Mac OS Mojave install from clover?
There are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave. This is well documented on this site. You will have to reinstall High Sierra.

Sorry if this has already been posted here...

Ahead of a modular Mac Pro, Apple said to ready a dedicated API for writing device drivers https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/04/22/macos-10-15-api-device-drivers/
yes I think I was already posted but I already read it and I find it very interesting
really hope is not just a rumor
it will be awesome if is true
because that will fix the Nvidia driver problem for sure
we just have to wait and see

I don't remember if apple announces just software in the next event
which I think is on June 3 2019 or if they also announce hardware

but even if they announce or show a new Mac Pro or they just mention that new feature for 10.15
we won't be able to use it until the final version of 10.15 is release
meaning a few more months
unless we get some stable betas with that feature that we can test

so we can have a glimpse of what's coming and know for sure if there is any hope

I think if Mojave ever get web drivers, it will be at version 10.14.6 and probably after 10.15 is out
maybe Mojave will never get web drivers and drivers for 10.15 will take a few more months too

totally unacceptable by both companies

I do have a 740 which is natively supported, I bought it for cheap on ebay
it does help but a weak card is not the same as a powerful card
but then again a powerful card is useless without support
while the other card is weaker but at least it works

since I been gaming on windows lately, I have my RTX 2080 installed
really hate having to remove my card, so I just left it there for now

the system is running fine, I'm just watching the movies in windows for now

for everything else I use Mojave I browse the web, watch youtube videos just fine
also use iMessage and send and receive emails, everything works
but of course, no graphic acceleration

after I finished gaming in a few more days maybe I reinstall the 740 for a while
I just want to use my RTX 2080 for now because I was very upset having that card put away

around 2 more months for the next apple event and around 5 more months for 10.15

I have the money to buy a AMD card but I just refused to buy a AMD card
the 580 are not that bad but they are no where near the level of performance of a 2080

so if I buy a AMD card it has to be something like the Raedon vii
but I'm waiting for AORUS to release a few versions of that card so I can choose one

as you can see the keyword here is "wait"
wait for nvidia, wait for apple, wait for AORUS

really hate waiting, but I have any other choice, there is no point on buying a 580 when I have a 740 that works
if I'm going to spend money it has to be something fast and powerful

Last edited:
The Tech press keep repeating that no board partner versions of Radeon VII are expected. Vega 20 may be your better future bet if additional Nvidia drivers don't arrive in due course.

this situation keeps getting worse and worse, is like you can’t have what you want and you have to settle for something else, at least nvidia have variety when it comes to designs, so if AMD thinks that i’m going to buy one of those cards with that ugly design they sadly mistaken, also i don’t want an older card for that i just stay with my 740 and save myself the money and the trouble

what a nightmare, every time you look for a solution Freddy comes out

i just wait for 10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back